The Prodigy's new single - Nasty

the Prodigy just released their new single named Nasty

In my opinion: It has a lot going on, but overall feeling is ‘meh’ not catching me.

what do you think?

cool video

almost feel embarrassed hearing this…never quite hit the nail on the head since FOTL imo

Quite nice beats and sounds on the technical level, but overall very bland and meh from a creative point of view. I don’t feel any of the raw spark or excitement that I used to love so much in their earlier work. Oh well!

The track is ok. Will blast those huge live arenas all over the world. Also OSTs, commercials and shit. Well done Liam.

Let’s get back to the real deal - renoise 3.1 & redux, okay?

Any track from dfast’s recent post (https://forum.renoise.com/t/d-fast-bring-back-the-happy-2010-free-album/42937) is better than this.

Sadly, any track from The Prodigy will get more attention.

dunno, i love it, it sounds like prodigy again. i was bit disapointed when invaders must die came out, because it sounded like noisia and pendulum mashup sometimes, but this Nasty is true stuff, im very pleased that they didnt made dubstep album like korn and linkin park or whatever, this is the sound of prodigy! :yeah:

It does sound like prodigy but at the same time it sounds like a cheap imitation of it as well. I just dont get the same vibe from it like on FOTL which was by far the best album imo.

So what about the new sample of the album ‘The day is my enemy’

my thoughts: a bit repetitive and I’m not much a fan of the female vocals but I must admit that it has something addictive over it:

I couldn’t agree more with this quote “a bunch of ridiculous old men making angsty noise with no sense of how time passed them by”. The Prodigy is a joke.

I couldn’t agree more with this quote “a bunch of ridiculous old men making angsty noise with no sense of how time passed them by”. The Prodigy is a joke.

Yeah definitely! I mean, everything that doesn’t sound like David Guetta is a joke!

prodigy was awesome back in the day, but I fell off the hail-train when they started acting like punkrockers on meth rather than sticking to being the dance act. I myself love rock, punk, metal and whatnot but I started loving the prodigy because of Liam’s synth based work and the intense energy in the arrangements, and now it’s just arena beats crammed with harsh cheesy guitar sounds and distorted vocals. but did like the last album though… at least half of it. Warriors Dance and Take Me To The Hospital was pretty sweet.
I’d very much like to hear a solo album from Liam without the whole teenage angst rock circus. Probably not gonna happen, so I’ll stick to the first three albums :badteeth:

So what about the new sample of the album ‘The day is my enemy’

my thoughts: a bit repetitive and I’m not much a fan of the female vocals but I must admit that it has something addictive over it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1AaKBbNGkk

I kinda thought this was pretty good.

The sound is fantastic, although quite the same as in their latest album. Somehow sounds like a b-side from Invaders Must Die LP. Oh well, the album will most likely have a tune or two that I will enjoy a lot!

Any track from dfast’s recent post (https://forum.renoise.com/t/d-fast-bring-back-the-happy-2010-free-album/42937) is better than this.

Sadly, any track from The Prodigy will get more attention.

:blush: Thanks a lot!!

Yeah definitely! I mean, everything that doesn’t sound like David Guetta is a joke!

You’d probably find the “big underground wunderkinder” Prodigy playing the same festivals as that moron Guetta.

The problem with both of those tracks is shitty mixing/mastering… way too much compression killed any dynamics, and thus punch they would have otherwise had. Compositionally, they’re not the strongest, but compare them to Take Me to the Hospital:

… which is just as empty contentwise, but it works because it’s got oomph.

The problem with both of those tracks is shitty mixing/mastering… way too much compression killed any dynamics, and thus punch they would have otherwise had. Compositionally, they’re not the strongest, but compare them to Take Me to the Hospital:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncaNlxvTFzg

… which is just as empty contentwise, but it works because it’s got oomph.

dude, everything is fine with their “shitty mix/master”. it supposed to sound like this. im not defending anyone or attacking, but it was Liam’s decision to make this sound like he wanted to.

You beat me to it 0xrns :slight_smile: I heard it while with a friend. Very ‘romantic’ for a the Prodigy track. like it more and more after each play. this is gonna be a very different album.

You beat me to it 0xrns :slight_smile: I heard it while with a friend. Very ‘romantic’ for a the Prodigy track. like it more and more after each play. this is gonna be a very different album.

it sounds like linkin park ahahahah