The top 3 v3.1 features you're hoping for!

Time stretching has been discussed many times and the consensus was that an external commercial library would be required for proper results, which would up the price of renoise.

Time stretching has been discussed many times and the consensus was that an external commercial library would be required for proper results, which would up the price of renoise.

It cannot be that expensive I guess. Maybe Elastique can be considered. Reaper (which is already very comprehensive) also includes this and a Reaper license is even cheaper than a Renoise one.

A commercial reaper licence is 225$, but I know you know that. :stuck_out_tongue:

elastique In 2007 supposedly cost ~10000$

A commercial reaper licence is 225$, but I know you know that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I do know that, yes, but how many Renoise users make more than 20000 from their music? I just assumed the main target group is the same as that for non-comerical Reaper licences. I might be wrong, though, and most people in here earn a lot of money by using Renoise.

Renoise is surprisingly cheap for what you get, but probably its due to its tracker nature.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

Favourite feature for me: (surprise, surprise) Redux (Phrases in particular).

P.S. If someone is still using 2.8 its the right time to update.

Updating my own wishlist. This is more what I think would be good and sensible for Renoise to have in the next releases, than what I personally would benefit most from.

1. VST Sidechaining. Lack thereof seems a bit archaic nowadays.

2. A more modular signal flow (signal splitting) in device chains. This would be especially beneficial to doofers.

3. Detachable mixer view.

IMO “basics” to be covered before more visionary and heavy features like zoomable patterns, piano rolls et c.

Nitpick EDIT: I also hope the devs will fix the macro scale values presented to be more customizable. Everything is appearantly measured 0-100 now, no matter what you control.