The Ultimate Xrni Compo Vol1

Kickin ass Beatslaughter
Lovin that tune (Then again i do tend to like your stuff)

Bungle

I’m new to compos like this but I have to ask. How can you supervise how the sound is designed in regards to VST effects. I mean if I slip a non-renoise VST to the mix how can you tell? I think this is a bit redundant.

Otherwise I think this is a brilliant idea for a competition.

Its not even slightly redundant
You will be uploading a project with all the fx mapping in place
How do you plan to slip an effect in without it being seen by everybody ?
This is about using native fx and how you use them
Getting the projects not only shows that you have only used native fx but should be a great learning resource too

Cheers
Bungle

This clears things up for me. I misunderstood.

OK i guess we can call it from the 1st of June
And run for a month
So entries in by July 1st then :D

Cheers
Bungle

Some enjoyable moods here in this, I really like it. Will be interesting to see where it may go…

Still no entries yet ?

The choices i think the winner will have will be
1 Seperated osc shapes and tuning
2 A filter section
3 A sub oscilator
4 Pitch modulation section with LFO

Cheers
Bungle

So what exactly is the goal again? To see who can make the most interesting sound utilizing the vst?

I know there’s only one day left but i’ll give it a shot.

Really? It says render to .xrni, not upload the .xrns. I haven’t really used Renoise instruments so not sure how the work with VSTis and effects but didn’t think they did at all, which would mean rendering to sample, which would mean you could easily sneak in a commercial effect without it being noticed.

Somebody tell me what I am missing.

Doesn’t matter anyway
Nobody entered so i wont be continuing with it ;)
Seem kind of pointless

Bungle

That VSTi is good and it would be a shame if you stopped developing it now.

Well there hasn’t been any entries so i’m not in any rush to do a part two at this point

Bungle

Been asked by a couple of people to keep this goin
As i was the only one to actually eneter anything i pick the new feature and we shall try again hehehe

Bungle

I would like to enter but I use MacOSX.

Can I preemptively win and request an OSX version be made? ;)

You can enter
Just run it in SM pros wrapper ;)

Bungle

Sorry, haven’t done much music lately. Here is the XRNS of my snippet at least if someone wants to play around with it. No samples used, just the VST.

http://www.beatslaughter.de/snippets/recompo.xrns

Thats pretty godamn spectacular mate
The choice is yours even if it isn’t a reese sound heheheh
What do you want added to the synth dude ?

Bungle

I’ve actually overread that part first and tried to create various other samples out of the synth. After listening to the other peoples snippets i’ve wondered slightly, reread the first post and finally noticed i’ve sort of disqualified myself. :P

If no one else is posting a XRNS, who has actually followed the rules i’d pick either “respond to velocity and panning” or “polyphony for playing chords”.

How you want the pan Beat Slaughter ?
You want a pan control directly on the GUI or just a pan that reacts to MIDI CC 10 (MIDI PAN) ?

Bungle

Thanks for the tip, but this doesn’t really do the job.

I tried the VFX Wrapper. When importing ReCompo.dll, I got an infinite spinning beach ball. I had to force quit the app.

Also, routing Windows VST to Renoise through VFX is a bit too convoluted for my tastes. I don’t think i’ll be using this solution. I’ll be sticking to OS X native plug-ins.

Anyway, no big deal. Not a criticism of your plug-in. Just more of realization that the whole concept of running a virtual machine to route a windows VST via MIDI/Sounflower is not very useful. Since I can’t even load your plug-in, this makes it a non-solution.

Good times!