The Uniquely Generous Renoise Crowd

Well I don’t really see any “arguing” going on. We’re asking things and (hopefully) explaining things… stating if we agree or not to a certain vision and so… exactly like good friends are supposed to :)

-pheeeew- man :lol: SO good to hear that! :)
I thought I was going insane :lol:

Maybe, reading again, it could be some ironic statement about the fact that there aren’t only “smart” Renoisers on-board…as to say that my “logical process” it is not the only source of users. They land on Renoise in other ways too… included maybe the “idea” of being “Alternative and cool”… this would make sense with his statement… but actually… well, I guess the only way we have to see it clear is to wait for Tunepoet to come back and post something about this whole thing :)

:huh: my english is leaving me again… alot from “it”… what?
Can you please re-phrase this? :(
I only got that you don’t really agree on my “childish” logical process :)
Is indeed just a childish attempt to say “Yes, Renoisers are cool” :P

:)

mlon

Thats good to hear! :)

Kissis and Hugs to everybody ;)

By ‘it’ I just mean the tendency that the largest group of people using Renoise were withdrawn.
It’s not a childish logical process or anything on your part. It’s fun to think about. :)
The only reason why I disagree with it is because I don’t think, even if most Renoise users are solitary men in their mid-to-late 20’s, that it matters, or that you can further any kind of assumption based on that knowledge.
For instance by stating that they are more intelligent than, say, a crowd of ‘football hooligans’. That might work out statistically, but if you compare them one by one, it’s not accurate information.
That, and there being different kinds of solitude, and there being (maybe very ) different causes for why these men were alone in the first place.

Oh yes, I see what you mean :)
Of course my post wasn’t meant to set any rule, it was just some sort of statistical “game” :) Not that it doesnt describe a real “percentage” (All in all, I really see extraordinary people in this forum! )
But a “Game” and a pretty “easy” one, or as I said “slightly childish” :)
About the reasons of solitude I was speaking about that kind of solitude that people sometimes developes by matching themselves to others around them.
In this situation we value finding other “similar” to us or at least someone who’s equally able to stand out of his own mind and opinion and meet someone else on the field of a honest confrontation.
This is a problem so wide that many tend to call it an “existencial problem”, as if it was almost inscribed in our own natural evolution… or at least as if it was an almost unavoidable consequence of the actual social-cultural environment.
That’s why I made reference to it that way :)