Time Streching.

Taking marc’s suggestion a step further, try Audacity in the meantime. It’s simple and free, time stretching no fuss, love you long time.

that’s right…
besides who needs timestretching in a tracker (come on <_< u r using a tracker software) it never was and never will be in a tracker… a sequencer can’t do without though, so go stretch your loops in a sequencer … ;)

I somehow recall vsti support(and a couple of hundred other commands) also beeing nothing more than a dream in the early days of pro trackers.

I’ve quoted you on this now so i dont have to quote you later when they implement time stretching in renoise :P

The reason why i want it in renoise and not in an external program is because of the compability and easy fit of the samples in the sequencer, would make my music making a hell of a lot easier, i want to focus my time on the actual creative part of the music making and not the engineering part. Atleast if i know how its done and doing it again is just a waste of time. And pay note to the fact that im in need of a bar-based time stretching.

with love,
jan-erik :D

I think the easiest way would be if there was an effect that could be an “outside” effect applied in the sampleeditor. Native or VST (with the apply trackFX button).

1a. This would fix all pesky drumloops.

1b. For melodic samples in a instrument you would have to deal with the sample in all regions separately, but this could probably be easily automated for “apply effect to all samples in instrument” in the future.

1. Takes no CPU at all.

2. Could possibly be of “granular synthesis” algorithm instead of the pretty crappy stutter “90XX”. (try stretching out a sample and then transposing up like five notes).

The important thing is that there are literally thousands of really cool free VSTis on http://www.kvraudio.com and as soon as some1 figures out how to do timestretching in synthedit it will get up there. And if developers spend time on this, which then will “probably” be rendered usesless by said VST effect its not efficient use of very expensive resource - developer time.

PS
Note on algorithm for granular synthesis (drool)
I know that VST in realtime uses only a buffer. But effects like FXfreeze stores whole tracks in memory so there is no limitation to why a VST could not do
it I think.
DS

A vst instrument that does granular synthesis timestretching would be better. Then one could sample the output and use that in the renoise sampler. BTW, check out Riverrun if you’re cashed up.

FL Studio 5 has good timestretching and the demo lets you render to wave.

Regards Martin.

so what?

looks like this is the all-FL-users-must-go-on-RNS-forum day… <_<

:o
thanks for the tip! is the demo time-bombed? does it expire afta some time?

i already heared they licened a timestretch engine for version 5, supposedly one of the best in the market… I’d really like to know how much it costed them.

btw, there’s a free timestretching app, and it’s beauty is it’s a commandline tool… it should be a breeze to utilize this from within renoise… maybe that would end those stupid cries once and for all with very little effort…

You can use the demo indefinitely.
When registered it can run as a VSTi in Renoise, but i dont use it that way much, i find Renoise is so much quicker to compose on.

Regards Martin

cool :)

I think you kinda misunderstood his message ;)

I have a registered Fl4, could indeed be used as a VSTi… but i have no idea how that sh!t works. What a weird program! :blink: