Tint Tracks In Their Colors, Not Just Show Them As A Bar On Top

I’m only for completely solving this issue.

It’s quite an improvement.
But I’m still with Johann.
… But yes, if the original idea gets implemented, I would probably use very stark, ugly and down-right childish colors. Then don’t feel dirty.

I just had a look at Beta3.

Can we improve the design on the block of colour in the DSP chain? Designers?

I don’t really like the way it looks. Kind of feels just thrown in there like a cheap hack… It’s also counter intuitive to the idea that the matrix is optional in 2.5

I don’t think it would bother me so much if it looked better, somehow, magically.

Right now it just doesn’t feel very slick. Maybe put it on the right side? Make it smaller and a square? Or get rid of it and do MickRippon’s design?

Yeah, even though I have ‘track colors’ switched off in the pattern editor & mixer (+ pattern matrix is minimized), you still have the color boxes in the dsp tab. Which imo also should be switched off there.

Don’t wanna create yet another color thread, but colored track scopes would be the shit and provide for a way to visually group tracks. Much needed, especially when working with a lot of tracks.

I would still have to look up :) I´m lazy. But its about workflow speed.

+100

Group tracks and useful track coloring for the win.

Maybe these grouped tracks could be assigned to an actual group track then as well? They would look and probably act like basic send tracks. And furthermore, any chance that these group tracks could be dragged wherever you want in the set of tracks? I’ve always kind of hated that the send tracks are in the rightmost side of the tracker, for I’ve been using the sends in the same manner as group tracks and usually I’d prefer having the group tracks next to the tracks I’ve assigned to the particular group. …Long sentence alert!

That looks lovely!

+1

I love Renoise themes, cause i love having a pretty renoise / environnement, eye candy is cool, but when working I value most usability over eye candy, and this is about usability and i think it could improve it, so, something like that would be great.

This is great too! It would not mess with the theme’s colors okay, but of course some kind of track grouping would be awesome indeed. (And I don’t see these two suggestions as mutually exclusive, just sayin’ )

Yep, I’d like this too. It may not be very beautiful but it’s very readable and neat for organizing. If full background tint is too much then maybe tinting just effect column is better or having colored stripe running on the side instead of the top or something.