Tired Of Clicking Virtual Keys?

Ah, it did what I wanted it to. Some of it, anyway.

What it does now:
Takes one xrni and maps the samples to the keys they belong to.
As long as you’ve taken the care to put the basenotes of the samples in the correct order.
And made sure that no two samples are in the same base note.

If anyone should happen to be interested in something like this - what should such a tool do?

edit - thanks, Bantai. See why I’m a bit scared? :) edit

edit It can now set finetuning for all samples, and checks to make sure the basenotes are in order. It also leaves less of a mess in Temp if something stops it.

a few more lines

Er, what? So I learnt a bit, and found something not right that I’m not responsible for?

Took my first look into php with simplexml today, and I have no idea how and where those numbers appears ;).

It does work with the files I tested it on, as long as the preparations are done correctly. Just thought I’d throw it out there in hopes of getting ideas for doing a good script.

Bantai: What was the flaw? Did you check in a fix?

Gnute: Nice one on making a script! Can you post a link to a few XRNI that we can test with (i.e. unprocessed)?

Thanks.

Thanks, though I feel this :badteeth: is where it’s at as it is.

Here’s some files which I haven’t changed the basenotes of, well I think I changed them for the pianosamples. That’s the one with the most samples.
All keys are linked to the sample in sampleslot 0.

So you set the basenotes in rising order. Run the script and load the instrument the script made. Now samples should be assigned to keys.

I’ll give some thought on how to bettering it. Learning while doing, and all that.

I was aware of the schema check failing, but it didn’t seem to hurt anything, so I kept it in. Just commented it out now.

Originally I wanted it just to overwrite the inputted file, but it was sunday and I was to lazy to look through the functions properly, so I opted for new file.

Still haven’t changed that, but added a little something I thought I needed.
It now gives you a choice for detuning. If you answer yes, this happens:

It takes a look at the first sample, and sets all the samples to the same finetuning.

Here it is.

I checked in all the available Renoise schemas (from 1.9 final) last night.

http://xrns-php.cvs.sourceforge.net/xrns-p…cripts/schemas/

As for the rest… I’m open to discussion i.e. the least amount of work for me. :)

A little comment.
All schemas are now present and accounted for, but I think xrns_functions is lacking a function: Checking for xrni-validity.

wohooo!

any news on this??

The link is still working for me.

MS Windows user? Unzip and move those files into the ./scripts subdirectory of xrns-sf.

Other operating systems, learn the command prompt… Sorry.

PS: This hasn’t been placed into CVS, should it be? (I’m asking.)

No news, no. Been a bit busy with my master …
Should there be any news? I’d be more than happy to revise the script, or let someone else fix it. (It’s already free to change. If you do, it’d be nice if you post in this thread, as I would like to learn more.)

As to it entering the CVS, I would return the question to Connor. :)

I find it useful for some occasions, but I see some restrictions. Should more options be added?

If so please let me know, or do it yourself, whatever seems more reasonable.

(I’m currently considering how much work it would take to make a front-end for this in java . It shouldn’t be that hard, right?)