Todd Rundgren Speak!... Video Toaster-Amiga>>>

Came across the other day. Todd Rundgren discussing using Video Toaster with a buncha Amigas to produce a digital music video that was actually pretty impressive for 1990-91. Most might not know that he’s quite intelligenter than many (jokingly)…

Things were hard & expensive back then-

No ads…GOOD!

There is a personal back story to this but only for the morbidly curious… Back in 1981 could not get a job in SoCal area because I was not BiLingual…So thought I’d visit AF recruiter to see about auditioning as a bassist for Air Force Stage Band, He said sure, setup date & said hey you want company? There’s a gal who wants to try as well… I said ‘OK’. Well on the day we drove up to Edwards AFB all she talked about was Todd Rundgren the whole way & how smart he was, etc, etc… Didn’t listen much just thought she was a crazed groupie. Well recruiter gave wrong directions which made us over an hour late so they were pissed. They put fast paced sheet music in front of me & by bars 5-6 I was faltering so they did it again twice I was outta there in 5 minutes total waste of time… The gal didn’t even try after seeing what an example they made of me…

So 43 year later I find she was quite correct about Rundgren being a Brainiac!