Tool for improving beat sync?

You load a 4 bar loop in at 120bpm and turn on beatsync, then load a 2 bar loop at 120bpm and the length stays the same making the new loop play twice as fast as it should. ERGH!

How simple would it be to create a tool which does the following?

If the new loopistransposed any octave range above or below (12, 24, 36, 48 etc), is it possible to automatically adjust the length of the beatsync to result in no transposing? ie making each loop play at the correct speed

Asked here/… https://forum.renoise.com/t/simple-way-to-improve-beatsync/49619

Thanks

midierror

It wasn’t 100% clear to me exactly what you meant. Do you mean actually resampling the sample, so that C-4 syncs perfectly without any other alterations?

You load a 4 bar loop in at 120bpm and turn on beatsync, then load a 2 bar loop at 120bpm and the length stays the same making the new loop play twice as fast as it should.

Beatsync actually does adopt to the length when you load a new sample - but you’re right, it tends to get things wrong.

I’m not familiar with the exact formula, but I think it’s calculated from the sample length when playing at the basenote - and always with “nice” values (multiples of 2)

Maybe it only adopts when the sample “obviously” is playing too fast/slow?

No way?! I just tried it with some loops and yeah it does work sometimes. Whats the reason for it being inconsistent?

If BPM can be discovered by file size, number of channels, bit depth and sample rate - wouldntit be easy to restrict it to never going to + or - 12 and beyond?

It wasn’t 100% clear to me exactly what you meant. Do you mean actually resampling the sample, so that C-4 syncs perfectly without any other alterations?

imtalking about loops, no resampling required. But yes triggering a loop on c4 as the normal tempo

Whats the reason for it being inconsistent?

Not sure, I think there’s some room for improvement here…

Definitely - how about being able to KEEP LOOP ON each time you load a sample.

Even aside from BPM things, this would be useful

Id love a keep loop on feature still