[tool idea] save selected sample to new song keyboard shortcut

Bit trivial maybe :D, but have been digging lately, sampling vinyl, collecting a bunch of >1 minute recordings in one large session/songfile, and would like the possibility to save samples to separate songfiles (optionally cut/delete it out of the original project when saved). Not necessarily in a batch saving way, saving all individual recordings to new songfiles, but through a keyboard shortcut (and/or right mouse click menu selection), where you could select the particular sample you want saved into a new project. The tool could possibly auto-name the project to the selected instrument samples name.

Of course you could start a new song yourself and simply open up the bigger project in the diskop to load the wanted sample(s) from. Or after each recording, save the sample & start a new project to continue digging, but I wouldn’t mind a manual way to achieve this after recording.

Could this be done, or maybe is it already done but I missed it? B)

what about with multisample instruments?

Bit trivial maybe

Not really :DAt least not through the scripting API, which deals mostly with the current song.

I’m thinking that this could be done offline, through the old-but-still functional PHP-xrns project? Point it at one or more samples, and ask it to convert them to into songs.

That would have the additional benefit of using an xrns as a template - so you could have some basic effects etc. set up for you.

what about with multisample instruments?

For me this is mainly about saving relatively large samples into a new song file after a few hours of sampling. When recording in the sample recorder window, renoise can ‘create a new instrument on each take’, so it is likely you have these large samples spread across multiple instruments, not in a multisample instrument. Of course a tool maker could make an option to include all samples from a multisample instrument into the new project if a user would want this, or maybe even spread them across multiple songs.

At least not through the scripting API, which deals mostly with the current song.

I’m thinking that this could be done offline, through the old-but-still functionalPHP-xrnsproject? Point it at one or more samples, and ask it to convert them to into songs.

That would have the additional benefit of using an xrns as a template - so you could have some basic effects etc. set up for you.

So you’d open the original source xrns into the offline tool, be able to see the content and select which recordings you want saved into a new destination songfile? That works for me :smiley: , rather have this build inside of renoise reducing a few mouseclicks :wink: , but this would already be helpful.