Tool updater constantly wants to update a few of my tools

If I try to update the tools, 4 tools appear in the list. Now I choose update all, or only one at a time: The update doesn’t work and on next check, again those 4 tools are listed.

Which tools would that be?

Split into Separate Tracks 1.30

Track comments 0.80

Chop sample 0.20

Place Selected notes evenly 0.81

Hm, they got released with the “auto-upgraded” flag set in their manifest.

As tool author, you need to remove this before publishing, otherwise the updater will pick them up over and over again.

Best thing I can do right now is to notify the authors.

Edit: if you want to do something about it yourself, you can disable the check for autoupgraded tools (this will still cause never versions of tools to be pulled down from the server), by removing a single line from the Tool Updater

or (localtool.auto_upgraded and tonumber(localtool.version) == tonumber(remotetool.Version))

As the author of some of these tools, I’m aware of this. As mentioned elsewhere though, I see the solution for this to be not on my side. If some flags are automatically put into the tool, then they should also be automatically removed later.

It can’t do this automatically. Only thing we could do is rejecting them when they get uploaded to the tools page with the “auto_upgraded” flag set.

Either way you should bump version numbers of your tools too when uploading new versions.

It can’t do this automatically. Only thing we could do is rejecting them when they get uploaded to the tools page with the “auto_upgraded” flag set.

Either way you should bump version numbers of your tools too when uploading new versions.

I did increase version number when updating my tools…

The other thing to consider is, if tools don’t need updating (read: they can be auto-updated), just let them be flagged compatible with the newest Renoise version on the Downloads page, by either you, or the tool author.

Most of my tools I only update in order for them to be listed under “3.1 compatible”, which apparently introduces more errors than it helps.

I’d welcome a flag/checkmark or so too for compatibility. If my tools work in a newer version i won’t bother uploading a new one here, unless i’m aware of some errors.