Top 5 Features That Would Make Your Life Easier

Renoise needs chocolate.

Brown theme, a real chocolate bar next to you, a cheesy song with the vocal “chocolate.wav” in it…
DONE :lol:

Chocolate Rain… When Renoise is brown it looks so tame
Chocolate Rain… This color makes me produce funky thangs

i agree too. ;)

I make drum’n’bass\breakcore and really don’t want a beatslicer… what for ? i personnaly choose renoise because it’s basical but at all you actually need with a musical workflow. You got a least two ways to do it (09XX wich i mostly use for fx vocal and stuff… and the other way load 4 five time your break and cut it in the editor … you’ve got a powerfull editor use it… don’t say it take time… you have control wich you haven’t with stupid recycle and it’s take about 30 sec to make a kit…)

so what i dream about

1 A sidechain compressor and a multiband one
2 some midi device like arpegiator, audio to midi control (to sidechain and stuff) XY controlleur like in fruity
3 a arranger but vertical !
4 a live mode to trigger pattern with a midi note and quantization (make live pa with renoise what a dream !)
5 a bifilter with a fm device (not really important but could be cool)
6 more band pass , band reject mode in the filter to make crazy synth

rewire support <3

but then again, it’s already on the todo list i guess, so, hm…

actually just wanted to say the following:

OMG PLZ NO.

what has chatting to do with a DAW? 0o
there are SO MANY FREE AND REALLY GOOD irc clients around, instant messanger, etc blah
you can even use netcat if you just wanna chat with one person, it’s so freakin easy and has NOTHING to do with music production as such, hence it shouldn’t be included inside renoise. (imho, but i think i have a point :0)

would be cool tho, to be able to take over somebody elses renoise online, being able to help them / work together etc… some type of microphone/skype like connection to discuss things etc.

I dont write here oftenly, but the last time i summed up all things i want in renoise and here they are. Some of them may be useless for most of you, i dunno, but imo theyll help much. Here we go, lets discuss.

1. precount recording. something like “tick, tick, tick, go…”
  2. multiple takes recording (overdub) with some kind of “takes folder” implemented. so i can choose the most well done take or part of it and put it in the final song.
  3. multisamples for layering with individual settings for each layer
  4. also imo dats important - if i do a big rns intrument i want to have an option for automatic sample interpolation OFF button. sometimes it makes me dizzy to press the interpolate button for 30-40 times.
  5. vst fx and vst synth custom folder organizing
  6. more pattern resolution (pattern zoom or how do you call it) to write simplier offbeats and other stuff
  7. more filter types (may be something similiar to Z-plane filters?) or an ability to make custom filters!
  8. deattachable mixer window for 2 screen setup (for easier mixing stuff). and may be a deattachable & resizeable file browser.
  9. transport control over midi (please)
  10. non-realtime pitchshifting and time stretching in sampler editor options (realtime native shifting/stretching will be amazing!)
  11. native sidechain compression
  12. may be some new native dsps? for example: guitar amp, tube saturator or transient enchancer (like BBE maximiser).
  13. groove/loose control for each track
  14. easier vst synth midi controller assigning/mapping
  15. yes, sorry kaneel, teh beatslicer. let me explain why. for me its not about lazyiness. its about time. i have my main work 8 hours per day/6 days a week. so i just have no dat much time for music. i dont want to spend 1 hour chopping samplers and tweaking lfos and so on. i want an instantly chopped sample, so i can start doing my thing immidately. i hope you understand.
  16. audio unit support.
  17. automatic expand of pattern when i`m recording notes live.
  18. the ability to save production ready templates…ehm, may be an ability to save environment (plugs with settings, synths, midi assignings and so on). if i want to start making a hiphop or load up an ambient glitch live environment i just picking up a preset, load it and everything i need is there.
  19. rewire support. as i understand rns devs are working on this issue. not the most important thing i guess, but anyway i love much Maelstrom synth and distortion unit inside Reason, they`re awesome.
  20. piano roll. i think dats not soooo important.
  21. arranger. vertical - yes. but its not a big problem for me,cuz i can export all the patterns to Logic or whatever.
  22. using processing power of multiple computers on a network, providing virtually limitless plug-in processing power. dats mean you can install some plugins to 2nd computer and use them inside renoise on 1st computer. dats very usefull when 1st computer cant handle all plugs running heavy on cpu. not dats important i guess, but useful anyway.
  23. possibility to extract left or right channel in audio editor to a new sample slot.

read carefull and thanks for taking attention on this.

AUDIO UNIT SUPPORT !!!

I actually agree, because i’d like to track my music alone, share it with someone sometimes, but never like to be distracted in any way during a tracking session.

No, the dev-team should really improve every tracker-like thing they could find and improve other things at the last moment.
Renoise is dominating the tracker market imho, but it has to remain a tracker, not a bloatware program that contains chatsoftware.

[offtopic]
Saying this, I always put some pressure on people that do “too easy tracking” with lots of presets, vst(i) and premade loops (that is not making music imho).
Real tracked songs contain handmade loops, creative melodies, no presets and loads of variations.
VST(i) is super-ok, but try to make your own unique sound!
[/offtopic]

faster scrolling (at least an option for) when dragging

a button that could be used to introduce a user specified degree of variation in a modulation eg. I have an automated filter sweep in each pattern but I’d like to vary it slightly (to prevent it from sounding stale), retaining the general intent. I would press this button and it would introduce a degree of user defined random variation to the specified automation curve.
This makes life easier by not having to drag around the automation in every pattern.

being able to draw automation between patterns, perhaps on a macroscopic level or at least having the option of seeing the last value of the automation or a little bit of the end of the curve from the last pattern.
It would make continuous modulations between patterns easier.

how about “humanize envelope”? :0

the more random variation you desire, the more often you press the button.

What is the future of Audio Units now that most plugin designers write a VST and in some cases an Audio unit to please the Mac endorsers?

Actually, take it a step further with network editing of same song by multiple people.

Are you saying that because it’s already there and I’m totally blind or you’re agreeing with me? :)

erm, i’m merely asking you, why you’re requesting a feature that sounds SUSPICIOUSLY like one that is already there, without mentioning why you don’t want to use the already existing one rather than requesting a new one.

so, why doesn’t humanize envelope work for you? (from what i’ve read it should be exactly what you want.)

edit: s/then/than/

A Timeline (perhaps with a layer tree for Vst/effects) would make my life easier.

Well until then there’s always #renoise on irc.esper.net :D

Doh. Poked around down there and never saw it. I guess I need new glasses.
Forget I said anything.

… and still no sight on 09xx xxxx resolution extension :(
so once again i just pray for:
09xx and another effect column next to it, to extend the the resolution to way higher :)

:guitar:
“I pray for the beatslicer, to be extended beyond my wildest dream”
“and no dude will reply: it’s not so easy as it may seem…”
“tralalala horrible techno, cutted with my beatslicer… tralalala”

:yeah: :walkman: