Track Grouping

edit: in order not to derail the thread. kaza: wasn’t a super serious remark. i’m fine with it. (=

i like this track grouping idea!

plusses topic starter

What’s wrong with an optional one for people who want it?

Although let’s try and keep this thread on topic.

Lareux BIG UP!

but about minimize track. we have a patern matrix. and it would be cool if it could be so open in the middle of the track and not the edge. just to see what channel matrix

Another vote here for track Grouping. I use it a lot in mixing. I don’t mind the way it is done in Reaper or Live. I’m happy to support whatever implementation happens of the Devs go this way.

+1

Yes, with a mutual output (…for all the channels being grouped, which basically is the same as what Grouping means…) +1

edit: and the second +1 from my alterego

and in the grouped/zipped traks (containing notes, not zipped sends), the top of the top would be keeping the same way of edition that allready exist for single traks “eg. insert/backspace/note off” commands (+mouse selection), but directly affecting all the tracks inside the single group in one shot!! :dribble:

+666

+1 for topic starter and mockup by Laurex. Very nice, both of u. Now all we need is to get the admins to do it… :P

So, any chance to see this in a future update? Or would this be something LUA can handle?

was unaware of this thread, which (at least in part) contains my request. my own is posted here: https://forum.renoise.com/t/minimize-tracks/30927. it concerns the ability to minimize/hide tracks in mixer view particularly. however, this thread has a lot more good ideas to improve the way tracks are handled in Renoise, and this is the thread that should be followed instead of mine.

+1 for all of this here.

…as was I, so +1 from me too. It would certainly help with ‘screen real estate’ on smaller screens ie 10"/13" netbooks/notebooks

2.7? B)
[/bump]

+1 for track folders.

Would be nice to save screen rel estate.

Best,

Great idea… +1

OH YES, yes, yes, OH YEEES! +10

+1 ^_^

+1

+1 !!

I wrote about layers quite time ago, there wasnt lot of response :). Well like in photoshop. Its very simlar to track grouping and see choosen tracks. So we got beat layer, melody layer, bass section layer. You could choose what to see rest would be in backround, or you could see everything.

I also thought it would be super great :) if there was option that you could load different xrns songs into layers.

Its my hope for future.

i’d seriously love to collapse tracks… :)