Track Scope as oscilloscope

Well, maybe it’s too late for 3.0 though… ;)/>/>

Like an oscilloscope, showing the scope of the current track only is nice, when we open the Instr-Editor.
Additionally, adding Frequency & Scale adjustor are useful. (like the oscilloscope of U-he’s ACE)

4795 instr-trackscope.png

:excl: ###############################################

Ouch, now I remember that the master scope is still there. Maybe it’s enough, sorry. :smashed:

(adding Freq & Scale adjustors are still useful though)

How would this be useful, besides visual candy? When you have the instrument editor detached, you can see the scopes on the other screen, when attached, they are on top of the screen…

For me the scopes are handy for quick track jumping, seeing where sound is active. I fail to see the purpose of having one track only, what more information can you gather from a zoomed in perspective opposed to what we have now?

So you’d have a big window in which to see the scope of a track, of course. If we’d have that and could change from spectrum to scope with a keybind, that be great. I’m just using s(M)exoscope and dropping it around like a probe, and why make something that’s free and already there but it would be cool.

Well, after trying B7 and seeing the Track Scope upon the Instrument Editor, personally I did not feel many meanings in it. Then I thought that it was better to show a waveform there greatly, even it’s eye candy. Recently, I’m intresting in layering a few simple wave forms and see what kind of waveform is generated from them. Detuning or Phase shifting waves in the R3 sampler are interesting visually too.

For me, I don’t need this purpose so much when I’m on the Instr-Editor, I need it when I’m on the Edit/Mix only.

But don’t misunderstand me, I already notice that the Master Scope is enough for me.
If possible, adding Freq & Scale knob is nice since sometimes a wave form is too small to see.
Well, after all, it may be only eye candy though… ;)/>