Track Scopes improvements / with time axis

Hey guys,

The track scopes could be heavily improved with two (maybe easy to implement) things:

(Read 1. First )

1. Track zoom-in, only one scope (or doubled with color code like in analyzer) to See mich more Details on one big screen.

2. A time axis with variable scroll speeds, so I can easily look after transients just like in the sample editor, but live. It scrolls from right (realtime) to left (past).

Currently you can only read in the scopes, that “something happens” on a channel, but nothing really in detail. This realtime graph only is something cool for the next red sector demo, but nothing for a non robotic human to read…

Thanks for putting this in.

1. Track zoom-in, only one scope (or doubled with color code like in analyzer) to See mich more Details on one big screen.

2. A time axis with variable scroll speeds, so I can easily look after transients just like in the sample editor, but live.

1. Indeed scopes are primarily good to identify that “something happens”. Is it a kick, a synth or something else (for pure waveforms the zero threshold sync make it possible to see the type of waveform). But a bigger size scope does not really make this more useful IMHO. I would always switch to spectrum display if I needed to see more details - with the current track overlaid on top, of course.

2. Yeah, this could be useful. I have seen this in some of u-he’s plugins, and it works quite nicely :slight_smile:

No I mean a strict scrolling from right to left where realtime is on the right border. Uhe’s is something between realtime and timeline, but too complicated with graphical transitions stuff. I mean the raw sample graph maybe drawn with the same routine as in the sample editor.

And point 1 only makes sense if timeline is there. I should have written it in opposite order… Imagine two realtime sample timelines where you can so easily then check transients or compression effects, adsr etc. or comparing pre- and after compression… Master maximization Etc.

1. Indeed scopes are primarily good to identify that “something happens”. Is it a kick, a synth or something else (for pure waveforms the zero threshold sync make it possible to see the type of waveform). But a bigger size scope does not really make this more useful IMHO. I would always switch to spectrum display if I needed to see more details - with the current track overlaid on top, of course.

2. Yeah, this could be useful. I have seen this in some of u-he’s plugins, and it works quite nicely :slight_smile:

But for evaluating dynamics and waveforms spectrum views aren’t very helpful. I’d love to haves(M)exoscopekind of functionality in scopes. And/or maybe something like Fabfilter style dynamics inspection (Pro-L, Pro-C etc.). Both same things I guess but Fabfilter presents it in a really slick way.

Or something like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCv9Ri1_Rg :smiley:

There is a lot of room for improvement.

I again watched a video about this amazing scope plugin from vengeance (or a cooperating vst dev). It’s really really nice and has lot of features I miss in renoise analyzer. But I won’t buy anything from vengeance, since they produce sounds for hard trance, hard trance, ah yes and hardtrance. Also their samples seem to be over limited. Have no usage for them. So…