Tracking/producing in altered state

The last time I hung out with Lucy I was going to an event called “Bone Dance” atSekhmet Temple(Had an incredible time). Before I shipped off to the desert I wrote this up in about an hours time and haven’t touched it since.

http://soundcloud.com/xylvx/please

Man… after many days since gone from hizzeere I am basically a stranger compared to who I was back when, compared to now.

I learned poker, then did some insane shit, felt like GOD for about 2 hours completely, then a few weeks afterward, then net thing I know my heart is torn apart and I have literal Demons talking to me.

ô.O yes, I’m literally possed right now with about 5 to like 10 of them.

It’s some of the most amazing shit I have ever experienced in my entire life, it feels as if every moment of my life up to now was training for this experience and I really wish I could find the time to make music. instread I’m getting into playing it, cuz man… there is so much fucking insanely good musicv out there now.

which leads to remember, since I’m trying to kinda figure out digi-deejaying, i’m about to ask a real numpty kinda question in a new thread. \O/

and psst, not judging or trying to be a dick, I really enjoy doing: a very specific kind of hard substance that makes me actually care about things and it’s not what anyone expects… but listen, dont feed the abyss, we are all judged, BIGFUCKINTIME. the afterlife is way fucking high tech, like literally after all this shit, we all going to places where the future, is literally evolved humans, and the tech, is distributed evenly, kinda. military gets better shit tho.

Man… after many days since gone from hizzeere I am basically a stranger compared to who I was back when, compared to now.

I learned poker, then did some insane shit, felt like GOD for about 2 hours completely, then a few weeks afterward, then net thing I know my heart is torn apart and I have literal Demons talking to me.

ô.O yes, I’m literally possed right now with about 5 to like 10 of them.

It’s some of the most amazing shit I have ever experienced in my entire life, it feels as if every moment of my life up to now was training for this experience and I really wish I could find the time to make music. instread I’m getting into playing it, cuz man… there is so much fucking insanely good musicv out there now.

which leads to remember, since I’m trying to kinda figure out digi-deejaying, i’m about to ask a real numpty kinda question in a new thread. \O/

and psst, not judging or trying to be a dick, I really enjoy doing: a very specific kind of hard substance that makes me actually care about things and it’s not what anyone expects… but listen, dont feed the abyss, we are all judged, BIGFUCKINTIME. the afterlife is way fucking high tech, like literally after all this shit, we all going to places where the future, is literally evolved humans, and the tech, is distributed evenly, kinda. military gets better shit tho.

Ya?

well, as long as you can still do the fandango…probably’ll be alright

I think the guy in this video is in the good state for renoise:

Some of the best music I’ve made I don’t even remember doing. Definitely happened in some kind of altered state.

Drugs, well… topic doesn’t even mention this. But in a way, drugs offer a shortcut to an altered state. And they can definitely help to shut out that inner critic voice that prevents you from being creative in the first place. And I really think that winning over that “perfectionist” is more important than always doing the very best you can.

But drugs also comes with several downsides. For example, you’ll get used to them, and suddenly that altered state has become the ‘new normal’. Congratulations, you just earned yourself an expensive and socially stigmatizing habit.

No really, best thing to do is really to expose yourself to things that inspire and challenge you, whatever that might be. Seek that inspiration and train yourself to remember things (insights) from when you are in an altered state. I believe that is more important than trying to translate it into music right away, because then you just risk getting stuck with some irrelevant technical issue that you’re anyway not really equipped to deal with while in that state.

Yeah, like…

Some of the best music I’ve made I don’t even remember doing. Definitely happened in some kind of altered state.

Drugs, well… topic doesn’t even mention this. But in a way, drugs offer a shortcut to an altered state. And they can definitely help to shut out that inner critic voice that prevents you from being creative in the first place. And I really think that winning over that “perfectionist” is more important than always doing the very best you can.

But drugs also comes with several downsides. For example, you’ll get used to them, and suddenly that altered state has become the ‘new normal’. Congratulations, you just earned yourself an expensive and socially stigmatizing habit.

No really, best thing to do is really to expose yourself to things that inspire and challenge you, whatever that might be. Seek that inspiration and train yourself to remember things (insights) from when you are in an altered state. I believe that is more important than trying to translate it into music right away, because then you just risk getting stuck with some irrelevant technical issue that you’re anyway not really equipped to deal with while in that state.

Agree and I have also found that when I just start working on something, the inspiration comes even if it is not there to begin with. Something to do with persistence perhaps or just searching for it deep within myself.
I do however, find the great many facets of life to be an endless inspiration.

The only thing that can prevent me from being musically productive is what i call cannabis dry season. I probably made 95% of my music in an “altered state”, i just don’t make music when i’m sober.

You will probably argue and say it’s because i’m used to it and it has become a habit. You’re probably right, but i have to say to my defense that i don’t know many people close to as creative as me. I also do paintings, i’ll exhibit some of them in August, i make electronic “devices”, i refurbish old metal items i find metal detecting and this weekend i made a bed soon to become a couch out of pallets. All this while smoking cannabis. I also see myself as quite intelligent when compared to my colleagues and friends, so it doesn’t seem to affect those abilities much either.

Obviously people react differently to certain substances, for me i think the positive effects outweigh the negative. Some of my relatives have been or is still being medicated on legal substances like anti-depressants and anti-anxiety. If i didn’t smoke mj there would be a chance i would be using some of these legal drugs too. I don’t think that would have made me more creative, i’m pretty shure it would not. :wink:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/jan/13/neuroscience.medicalscience

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/jan/13/neuroscience.medicalscience

Psychiatrists are fascist assholes.

They’ll force your kids to become addicted to amphetemines, then deny it, having changed the name to ritalin.

They’ll lock you up in jail and stick a knife in your head, then deny lobotomy, because they have changed the name to psychiatric neurosurgery.

They will poison your brain again and again by force, restraining you on the ground and injecting it into you.

They will electrocute your face with such a high voltage and amperage that the contortions could break your spine, but dont worry, they use a drug to paralyse you first…the same drug used in the first of three injections for the lethal injection death penalty…but dont worry they changed the name to “muscle relaxant”

They will threaten you and your family until you are forced to volunteer for prison poisoning…after this you will have no choice.

A lawyer wont represent you… a psychiatrist is an “expert” and claims you need to be lobotomized.

I think that every psychiatrist is “a danger to themselves and others”.

They are criminals who are above the law.

Total sober person here .

-The thc values in weed nowadays are HARDCORE level ,

In the past , while travelling around, the occasional speed /coke space jam sessions ( no didgeridoo or conga bonga allowed ) were always guaranteed fun , had some interesting results , altough a lot depended on both the quality of the dope and fellow musician(s).

And yes , weed can lead to psychosis , of course your genetic background has a lot to do with it .

And yes , weed can lead to psychosis , of course your genetic background has a lot to do with it .

I actually have a close relative that became psychotic after smoking cannabis. I believe it can trigger a psychosis, but i think you have to be disposable to it and i find it hard to believe it’s the only cause in these cases.

I would in no way recommend to people to be stoned ever minute of the day, it’s like everything else, over doing it won’t do you any good.

I think the researchers have confirmation bias in their studies about “cannabis psychosis”…

“do you smoke cannabis?”

“yes, sometimes”

“i conclude that you have acute cannabis psychosis and must be sectioned and detained for an arbitrary sentence”

they forget about the other part of the conversation which doesnt support their theory

“so you smoke crack?”

“yes, everyday first thing in the morning”

(crackheads smoke weed as well)

its like saying to a blind drunk alchoholic shouting gibberish on a park bench, “you must have coffee psychosis because you had a coffee last week”.

totally unscientific farce of a diagnosis everytime with psychiatry

I believe it is a trait you either have, or have not. To get psychotic by different circumstances. It is something every human carries in the brain, though for psychotic individuals it goes totally out of control, I mean, even more than the out of controlness that nature probably thought would help building civilisation when it evolved. Some with this trait get psychotic very easily, even out of the blue. Others need a little help, and this is supposed to be general hostile circumstances in life. I also believe that people with this trait can be rather sensitive to stess factors in general. Which will make them rather be on the looser side of life in this world, where mostly only very blunt people can be successful, and hardship is considered the appropriate state of mind. Being on the looser side of society will probably make one rather have contact to illegal substances, and being somewhat in a shellshock state all the time will proably make one consider trying something out that eases the pain, and then abusing it in ways that weakens the indivial even further. And the substance itself can provoke paranoid states, drilling open the well even more and more until it makes click and the fountain emerges. All comes together -> voila, a lot of weed smoking psychotics in the statistics, like in serious studies I believe you have factor 2x more chance to have the gods talking bullshit to you all day than abstinent persons. But I’ve also vaguely remember figures that kind of say that independent of drug consumption always about the same percentage of population gets actually diagnosed schizophrenia. By the way always more in stressful environments like big cities, whereas in smoother environments like rural, the percentage is smaller.

You are so right about the bias. Statistical information gets shifted, partially also by political pressure. I’ve seen a rift through the medical people, with hardliner assholes who only want to make a case not be anymore noticed in any negative ways by the society, generally liking to drug up people so not the faintest evil hallucination may ever touch face of earth again, and even resort to “controversial” snake oil therapies like electroconvulsive. Fukwits, I tell you. There’s other psychiatrists, though, who like to resort to more cautious therapy, and do care about the will of the patients as long as it seems reasonable and not totally out of mind. Within the official guidelines, which basically only has drugs and snake oil. Just like the assholes, who basically just interpret the laws and guidelines the other way round. There are also accepted movements like the soteria, which will try to get people off medication, or on the minimum requiered dose for them to be able to cope with the symptoms, in case they are chronic. Sad as it is, most people won’t benefit from this and get drugged. Lobotomy is generally considered medieval dumb cruel shit here, even by psychiatrists. I think only case where something similiar is still done is for very few people with worst case epilepsy, where the convulsions are considered to be soon more harmful than the knife, or inevitably deadly in a similiar amount of time. And I hope the electro shit will be soon, too, as soon as they notice the “effect”, if any, mostly only lasts a short time, leaving the patient where he was before, but weaker due to the damage done by this crap.

I think it is interesting to say that from the psychiatric scene there is currently research up to clinical trials to see how cannabis compounds can be useful for bringing relief to both epileptics and psychotics. Good for some, less knifes, less braindrain pills, less electrocutions. Still the world will suck itself while laughing and crying at the same time, as this is just one of many carbuncles considered to be very honorable by too many idiots. I think there are worse carbuncles, by measures of suffering created or sustained, and opportunities of creation of something that will ease suffering and sustain creation of something that will make creation of another such thing possible, huh? Though, but don’t want to think about it anymore now. And I would only want to fight anything when I have a way better idea of how it should be handled, and only if I consider this idea to be practical and have the appropriate support to actually make way to changing it from one state to another.

Same here , a verry close relative of mine had three serious psychoses , I mean really fuckin serious .

He’s a verry smart guy ( talking I.Q >130), educated , sweet guy .

Took some lsd/marihuana/coke during his teen/adolesence years …

He’s doing fine right now and has a nice job.

As long as he takes his medication …you wouldn’t notice …he’s on verry small doses right now

Ten years I had a psychosis that lasted for 1 day ( yes only 1 day ) ,triggered by a innocent ganja splif …it was total hell …

Over and under reporting is a very important factor when researching drug use, this because of the stigma that follows. As an example i myself has not told any doctor that i smoke weed, but on the other hand i told i smoke cigarettes even though it’s very minimal and usually only if i’m out of weed. I think cigarettes are worse for my health than cannabis, but it’s the fear of being put in a “category” by my doctor that prevents me from telling the whole story.

Another factor is that people with mental issues do tend to seek a way to relieve these issues. The easiest way to do this is often to use illegal drugs. In other words it’s not the addict that becomes mentally ill, it’s the mentally ill that becomes addicts.

I read once that in Holland, where cannabis is widely accepted, they actually smoke less than in Norway, where it’s illegal. Still the anti cannabis are against legalizing and gouvernment control on the stuff, including tax money income and preventing organized crime. It’s not good for you they say. well, there are lot’s of stuff that is not good for you, maybe you rather see your kid sniff glue or something? Sugar is bad, saturated fat is bad, cigarettes are bad, alcohol…

Cannabis is widely available on the black market, anyone could get it if they want and the police does not do much about it unless you’re being stupid/provocative. Still it’s illegal. Why?

When people smoke less in Holland i believe it’s because it has been legal for a long time. Cannabis has become just another normal thing, nothing special about it. People don’t have to hide to do it, which is probably the most important thing about this. Because when people have to hide away to smoke mj it is unnecessary anti social behaviour.

Also the thing about potency being so much stronger these days is very exaggerated. I have only smoked for about 20 years, so i couldn’t say much about the stuff from the 70s and 80s, but during these 20 years there has not been any significant raise in potency. I know because i have smoked it all and i got just as wasted back then as i am now. I remember once bought some zero zero quality hash in Christiania in Copenhagen at this time, if this wasn’t potent stuff then i don’t know what is, it really blew me away and i clearly remember its delicious quality.

Some newer strains has shown to have a marginal higher percentage of THC yes, but those datas does not tell the whole picture.

First of all, the potency of weed is still much lower than in hash or other extracts. These products were just as available back then, so what does the potency of the weed really say? Couldn’t you just smoke the hash or take a few more hits? Back then there were many shitty growers. Information, quality seeds and equipment for making quality stuff back then were a lot less available back then, resulting in a lot of crap on the market.

The last point is that the methods for analyzing the THC content hasgreatlyimproved and is way more reliable today. Also the raw material for testing is way easier to get hold of these days, back then an expert grower would never donate weed to research just to risk jailtime.

Weed got me stuck on one loop endlessly, sounded great, so great I didn’t want to add to it. Then got bored and had to eat.

I’ve smoked a big gagger and done exactly this probably dozens of times. 30 seconds of very polished music made while high and nothing beyond that. It quickly gets to a point where you can’t continue it anyway without reverse-engineering everything you forgot you did to get the sound.

“Lobotomy is generally considered medieval dumb cruel shit here, even by psychiatrists”

The thing is, the antipsychotic pills they force everyone who is forced to volunteer to take are just the same as or worse than the the “icepick lobotomy”. I’m talking permanent brain damage for life. Literally inducing seizure and killing off large portions of the frontal lobes. its just as medieval whether they use chemical poisons or icepick, or electricity.

Honestly I think their main aim is just do damage in the brain so they can study how it tries to repair itself and the related behaviours.

In the end you have one guy in prison treated like a lab rat being tortured, poisoned, electrocuted and punished for no reason, desperate to escape with no way out and no hope, while on the other side you have a cold, smug bastard who thinks sacrificing others is o.k in the name of scientific research.

false diagnosis

non existent illnesses

no route cause known

use of force

torture by way of poisoning and electricity

imprisonment (perhaps for life) without trial or evidence of any kind

no legal representation

no human rights.

Basically they are evil bastards, no two ways about it.

Thats what they will do to you for smoking weed, meanwhile football hooligan pub crawl assholes are out smashing up bus stops and phone boxes, beating each other to death and they just get a slap on the wrist.