"Traditional" Audio Tracks

hopefully this won’t be a doublepost - posted it earlier but don’t see it here.

if we use beatslaughters method, is there a way to fine-tune the bpm of the whole track? i mean of the tracker? i know there’s the bpm setting and the “speed” setting, but is there a fine tune for this? usualy i end up fine-tuning the sampel instead but that’s not exactly what i want.

any ideas?

thanks

that’s also something i’m missing: “float” bpm values.
why can’t i have 134.3 bpm?
why can’t i smooth adjust the bpm via an automation envelope in the master track?

i believe that both would be nice.

yes beatslaughter, I also want to give you credit for this great workaround!
I spent days getting vocals and guitar tracks recorded by cubase under my renoise compo’s!

now I take a good breakfast instead of a crappy meal while renoise is rendering the samples.
and from that point it’s a breeze!

It could work with a specific note effect

So c-401 09,

(off the top of my head example) could calculate sample offset for triggering that sample depending on the: tempo; sample length; distance from last event - (and obviously it would have to be a higher resolution than regular sample offset; sample accurate or thereabouts)

Knetter: it doesnt need to be rendered each time. you just have to calculate sample offset and envelope offsets.

I am +1 on implementing “memory” for historic samples.
The workarounds suggested here seem too labor intensive.

The only workaround I feel comfortable using, is just slice the long sample. Also, I am using longer patterns than my usual, so it helps - since I need to slice less.

hm,next thing for me would be how to get “vocal only” from a song.

centre channel extraction

You make it sound so simple

grumble grumble

Use the Sample Offset effect!
http://tutorials.renoise.com/Renoise/Effect09xy

Put a note with the correct offset at the start of every pattern where you need it. If your sample is BPM-synced, the offset numbers will usually be easy to calculate.

Indeed…

got any tools to do it properly or so?
would be pretty delightful :D