Traxinspace.com

have you ever tried to visit traxinspace.com ater its death?

a couple of years ago, its author released an interview in which he explained his troubles with the site, and it looked like he wanted to recreate it.

Some time later, the domain was back with nothing more than some sort of “coming soon” message.

now, there is a date: January 2007.

Well… good luck…

I was so happy when I got Internet. But shortly after that I had to realize, that TiS went offline. Okay, now there’s CTG anyway.

the benefit of TiS was to get attention from other users even if you were not into trance :)

Yes but CTG is not Cute Trance Girl any more. In fact I couldn’t find a single reference to the original name in the FAQ on ctgmusic.com.

Strange… I liked that name and I think it was never meant to be serious. i.e not a community only for cute trance girls (ugly trance girls were welcome too) :)

changing the name does not change the fact that trance music is what gets the most attention on that site. Not that I’m against trance-oriented sites; they are free to exist of course.

Har har. Very funny. :lol:

there are some (apparently) relevant news at http://traxinspace.com/

the benefit of CTG is to get attention from other users even if you are not in space :)

(can’t believe how I failed to see that obvious come back the last time this thread was active =)

…anyway, I’m glad TiS is coming back. ;)

Hmmm, I’m a bit reluctant to give my email away to something we have no preview of - just what are we getting into?

Will be interesting to watch, but if it’s yet another myspace/ctg/virb/thatcher thing well maybe they’ve missed the boat. :unsure:

TRACNE! Pimply trackers are planning to 4/4 the ENTIRE world! Run!!

Nope, I don’t seem to have anything relevant to say. I’ll get me coat.

Hmm? Why do I constantly get the feeling you guys don’t like trance ;)

there is finally something moving at the site; you should enter the beta testing team in order to see it, though (I did not)

Happy to see it’s back, i’ve really missed those old days when TiS was up and running. Made account and it really looks sweet (although it’s just beta) :)

Still haven´t got my betakey…
Personally, I don´t expect to much. It´ll probaply not getting the old TiS feeling, like back then with all the source material. Besides that, I don´t think it will have features which other communities don´t have.

Nevertheless, a another good site to spread our stuff. :)

I’m reading the licence as I’m plotting in my beta key… What does this part really imply?

“For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting the User Submissions to TiS, you hereby grant TiS a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the TiS Website and TiS’s (and its successor’s) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the TiS Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the TiS Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a User Submission from the TiS Website.”

Does it mean they can for example sell cd’s with my stuff without me getting paid? I’m getting kinda paranoid after the whole facebook-thing…

yes, they probably will let/force you to accept a Creative Commons licence before subscribing. It’s not different than any similar website.

What facebook thing?

Well, basically their terms that read “we can sell whatever you post on our site to whoever we want”. It seems they have slightly altered their terms now as far as I read, though stating basically the same. Kinda funny how so many norwegians have joined Facebook, including most celebrities who post heaps of private photos just waiting to be sold to the highest bidding gossip magazine. Can see how they make money…

Anyway, I guess the following text makes it easier to swallow:

"The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a User Submission from the TiS Website."

So yeah, I’ll join and post a few tracks and see how it goes. With the little amount of people joined now it’s kinda a nice little community. :)

Got the key now… and I’m throughout disappointed.

It’s 2 am now here. Got my key, too but at the moment I am not able to check the thing completely but IMHO it’s some sort of interesting. Nothing new, as far as I can say this time but I’ll give it a try