Trying to make a big sounding pop song (with vocals)

The verse needs re-recording perhaps, but this is work in progress :))

Really anxious of hearing what you people think of it!

3 Likes

Hi @Mesmerized ā€“ Thereā€™s a lot of good stuff here! When I compare this to a lot of the pop music I hear on the radio ā€“ pro recordings have a bit more ā€œfizzā€ and ā€œsheenā€ on everything, especially vocals. TBH I havenā€™t had great luck processing my vocals using Renoiseā€™s effects ā€“ Iā€™ve started using Apple Logic Pro X for vocals because it just gives that pro sound ā€“ a little compression, a little pitch correction, some doubling, some lush reverb, nice saturation, etc. You could probably achieve this in Renoise with VSTs, though I donā€™t know which to recommend. Before I was using Logic, I was using a hardware vocal processor from TC-Helicon, the GTX VoiceLive Play to get a more ā€œproducedā€ sound on my vocals. Keep working with it!

Sounds good I like it but I think your singing is out of the songs key.Let us know when you finish it,this has potential

?? All notes are diatonic. There are just some instances where itā€™s slightly portamendoing a bit too muchā€¦ and some sharp/flatness.

1 Like

Yes the chorus is a real b*tch to sing =/ Canā€™t reach the notes really, and if I lower it the hit feeling vanishes completely (also it doesnā€™t sound good when i sing it on lower notes either) Sighā€¦ anyone happen to know a singer?? Hehe. Really sucks cuz I am really pleased with this song otherwise.

1 Like

Go to a site like kvr forum,I bet you will find a proper singer there or give it to me to make a hit in Greek languagešŸ˜

Practice makes perfect, just stick too it and itā€™ll be fineā€¦ in the meantime try play with Melodyne.

I like this piece of song! The melody is good and the refrain catchy! :slight_smile:

The only thing is I think the track miss some punch (maybe, with adding some compression or distortion, and trying to get more vocal power), but keep it up!

I would like to try mix it and play with your vocals in melodyne.
Send me the Renoise file if you are interested.