Tuning Vocals?

Hi,

I’ve heard there are plug-ins for tuning vocals, and have done a little research. Still, there appear to be a few options.

Which one should I use, and just as importantly, how exactly do I get it to work - i.e. configuration? I’ve only used the standard real time effects before, so this ia uncharted territory for me.

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Cdr

I’m told that Melodyne is the best one out there, I haven’t used it though.

I downloaded the AutoTune demo, and have added it as an effect. I’m not quite sure how this thing is supposed to work though. I assumed it would act to ensure real-time pitch correction, but this doesn’t appear to be the case.

Time for some reading I think. If I have no joy with this I will check out Melodyne.

Cheers

I have used a pirated version of Auto Tune which worked just fine. You choose scale and such, and it starts correcting. But the real funny deal comes when you start fooling around so you can sound like T-Pain or Lil’ Wayne. :P

I have used a pirated version of Auto Tune which worked just fine. You choose scale and such, and it starts correcting. But the real funny deal comes when you start fooling around so you can sound like T-Pain or Lil’ Wayne. :P

EWPS: Double post…

A good free autotuner is Gsnap. I have not tryed it myself yet but i´ve heard examples from it and to me it seems very nice :walkman:

Ugh… auto-tune… can’t deal with songs that has that auto-tune-sound. If one can’t sing, then that person probably shouldn’t. And the whole music-industry kicked Milli Vanilli out because they didn’t sing themselves while today people still don’t sing and it’s ok.

Sorry… just had to get it out of my chest.

Keep Renoising, peeps!