tweeking individual samples in a drum kit

Having a sample drum kit i made myself can i give individual samples in the drum kit different effects and transport?

Different options for renoise native instruments.

One is instrument fx chains. You can assign each sample to it’s own modulation chain, or an extra fx chain lane. Fx chains can be combined later to a common lane via send devices. This has limitations, though, you can only use one instance of that instrument in one track (with multiple note columns though), and it’ll output everything to that track. Let’s hope this gets reworked in the next renoise version, expecially for drumkits it’d be vital.

Another option is to go without instrument fx chains, and use track fx instead. Like triggering every sample in it’s own track (grouping will help to organise this), and each track will have it’s own fx chain. To combine them with common post-fx you can send every such track to a send track, and do that work there.

What do you mean with “transport”?

by transport you mean pitching?
there are two ways:

1. distribute sampler over more than one key
    or
  2. use 0dXX or 0uXX pattern command.

Having a sample drum kit i made myself can i give individual samples in the drum kit different effects and transport?

I think you should be looking at the modulation section of the sampler. There you may change pitch, volume, pan and use one of the filters if you want. Here is an example drum kit:http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/177-edm-drumkit/

Open the sampler and load the kit, now you should see the macros which are connected to different modulations. Look at how the macros are connected to the modulation, see how the samples are assigned to different modulation sets and so on. It is very useful for making changes on the fly.

If those doesn’t do it for you, you can use the FX chains in the same manner as the modulation part. Difference is that you are then only able to play the kit within one track, which is a drag. For drums that sound just about exactly as you want them already i’d rather stick to modulation and skip the fx chains.

If you want to put effects permanently onto a sample, then you may do that in the sample editor (FX button), which renders the effects from the current track onto the sample.