[Unsupported] 2.7.1 On Xp Pack 1

hi!,
i switch between 2 computers xp/vista, and sometimes a mac to run my audiowerk 8 when i need to trig cv/gates of some analog gear…

as i was in vista these last weeks, i didn’t notice this huge problem to me:

so, renoise 2.7 don’t work anymore on xp sp1 !!!

help please …

ps: i still use xp pack 1 sometimes because it is the only way to run emagic MT4, emulator x 1 + pci soundcard/patchmix app, adaptec pci->>scsi, so please don’t answer me to just change my os :) i will not buy the same material just because mine still works but has no driver anymore!

ok,

i need to keep sp1…(MT4/emu-X1 aren’t sp2 friends) nevermind, thanks for the link, anyway ;)

How does Linux support it? Perhaps you can use Renoise 2.7 with your card under Linux.
You would need a VST wrapper to load your windows plugins under Linux, but if you want to run ancient hardware, life is all about choices.

i don’t think linux works with my “ancient” hardware… bah, let’s say “no problem”, i’ll find an issue as usual…

i don’t use “ancient” hardware by “choice” but because these are the only ones left and still working/not broken…

If the hardware is special and worth it, i’m not going to stop you.
the last time i ran into issues with SP2 was because my Pinnacle DVR video capturing card wasn’t supporting service pack 2. The card was quite expensive around the time i bought it so i was pretty pissed at first but happen to give it a rest quite quickly.
From time to time, the industry simply is forcing people to look for alternatives blame manufacturers for making their hardware too lastable otherwise.
Microsoft still wants to have a business and a live, that can only be if you renew stuff and push forward.

that’s why i can’t upgrade my os in my old computer… i use the new one in 2.7 with headphones only in vst/sample mode (to finish tracks with cpu powa) , but all my hardware/soundcard/midi setup is on the old one…

i know, for example, that emulator x3 costs 200euros for the upgrade from x1 just to have some gadgets added…

my midi interface has bugs on sp2 and doesn’t have any drivers after that (emagic is dead, bought by apple), also, my experience about changing/upgrading is that you spend time and money for a while before restart to be productive with everything ok…

so now my vintage hp and everything around works very fine, and i’m productive like i have never been, so i have no reason to upgrade now, even if i have to stay 2.6… i only miss i will have few songs not compatible with no possibility to reimport them in a 2.6 session :(