Updates.. any news?

the best example of the opposite to renoise would be that other “franken-DAW”, everyone knows.
gazillion of feature requests/ ideas/ scripts and bugs in all forms.
theres even a pre/RC- sub- forum that looks and feels like a FR-/ offtopic- thread.
yes it can do nearly everything, but thats not what i need.
i needed a software to make music, so i took renoise.

take your time.
both.
the user, testing and realizing his requirements.
the developer, testing and refining his code.

if someone gets bored, play some games. (but, please, not with letters)

EDIT: Typo, i think.

so confusing. you mean flstudio or one of the others?

yawn

I’m so glad that, when every once in a while somebody like this passes by, everybody rages his dick off. Only shows nobody else demands moar for nothing. I love this community />

just one question: Jalex he’s reasonable or unreasonable? ;)/> Seriously though, chill out, that’s just silly and childish provocation.

Frustration is normal and comes to all of us. Me included. I don’t know what your situation is so I cannot really say what you’re up against with your feature needs. If it’s some professional business, maybe you should really consider an alternative if you cannot do what you want with renoise. Just do not bitch the devs for not jumping through hoops when they have NOT sold you rights to command them to jump through hoops.

–edited (typo).

The only thing that worried me was that IF the dev-team stopped working on updates, we were hoping on a update that was never in the making…

just a little more clearness wouldn’t hurt anyone :wink:

I think it says something that Jalex is the only one really complaining like a lone tumbleweed in a desert of love (or all subtlety is lost in Engrish?).

i speak about incompleteness of the existing elements

A tad more information about the ongoing development would defintively be interesting! I found the last beta-phase very interesting and it was fun testing the software and reporting problems :)

That question is only personal to the user itself. You have a lot of power to use and you can use that, or you can just put it aside and let it collect dust.
In the music world this is common for a lot of musicians:they gather different tools and gadgets in their lives but also get stuff that they actually have no use of, or they simply don’t do anything with. (It doesn’t mean that the thing isn’t usable)

What is Renoise for you now? And when would you accept it as a full music tool? Also does the lack of things are holding you back fully or could you live with the limits?
If you can somehow work around the limits (change workflow, use plugins, etc), it is worth the wait for the rest. If those few lacks are really holding you back, then the only thing remaining is seeking an alternative.

I ended up with a whole paragraph of ‘wtf’, when I realized that all I meant to say is … this. So. +1. :wacko:

Also, shut your bumbaclot mouth.

Everybody be nice to each other. I think we should respect all voices. It does not matter what the other user thinks, the only thing that matters is: “Are you enjoying this software in your music?” Great, be grateful, because the skills used to develop Renoise are in very high demand right now, and yet the software seems to be priced affordable, so that many people could have access to it.

“sound quality, professional, best,” these words are all marketing words. They do not really have meaning: Justin Beiber is a professional musician. His producers are professionals. They are no Miles Davis, of that I assure you.

The Roland Pro, the Axiom Pro, Ableton Live Pro, etc, etc, etc… There is really nothing to argue about as the word, “pro,” is tacked on to everything nowadays. It makes no sense, “Pro Edition?” What? lol…

Renoise = Zen… The developers do not want to retire the program yet so, “lets buy beers all around, and celebrate.” But everybody is free, and everybody I am sure is very busy: So it is important to upgrade and buy your software, and let them know, “you are happy to be a part of the Renoise Music Community, and are looking forward to what is next.”

And voices that different from that? Great. I believe we all should be free to say and think what we want, and shouldn’t be persecuted for those thoughts either.

Edit = clarity, spelling

Waaaaait just a darn minute, mister. Are you telling me that MTV Music Maker Pro isn’t pro? :panic:

Dude, seriously? You are offending a guy only because he expressed his dissatisfaction? Come on.

Also: I don’t understand this “WHOAAAH WHERES MAH UPDATEH!!!?!?!?11” trend. People, it’s just a piece of software. What’s wrong with your lives?

The question implies a fact that if this toy is that I apparently overestimated his expectations, and probably I should not write it all here. then my understanding is that it’s all for punks and geeks who consider themselves special because they use the tracker. the target audience. more precise positioning provides a more clear expectations.

I just want to add that one can’t forget about Renoise being one of the few (very few?) multi-platform DAWs that runs on Mac OS, Windows and Linux. Add to this how extremely stable Renoise is. These things takes time to develop.

And of course, I myself is VERY curious about upcoming releases and features. But I try to keep it calm and just wait for that uber ninja attack announcement to come, when it’s ready.

Cheers

Ok Jalex Seriously where are you going with all those words. I understand you are not very happy but please be a man and accept the fact that the renoise team are working at their best to provide you a good quality music creation software, and complaining isn going to make any feature to be coded faster. They even have a separated forum section to talk about constructive ideas and suggestion that i encourage you to use. What everyone is trying to say is you have the right to be unhappy but you do not have to be rude!

By the way treating the whole community as punks and geeks has never in history made a better world.

No, actually – it wasn’t (just?) that he expressed his dissatisfaction.

The problem is that he comes all up in here criticizing the team that whole this dope piece of software, for bad reasons. Who promptly continues to tell the dev team that he knows how to run them best.

That’s straight up disrespect in my book.

[edit]Also, sorry if i offended you by offending him for my perceived offending of people who I think deserve better respect. I wasn’t taking what i said so seriously.

Well maybe it’s an idea to tell us if there will be an update in:

a month?
6 months?
1 year?

or is that too much like “a deadline” and would put too much pressure on the dev-team?

I’m talking about the problems that are not solved.My comment is not related to respect. and the blind cries with pitchforks some users do not look mature. anger is often a sign of the weakness of the position. if I did not care I would not write on this forum, I just concluded and passed by. the position I have outlined exhaustive. В конечном счете всегда можно найти компромисс в решениее подобных вопросов, а не объяснять почему я не буду делать этого.