Usb Audio Transposed?

Hi there

I’m trying to record a sample from USB audio. Maybe I’m missing something, but when I hit record in the Sample Editor and then the play button at the bottom, what I hear is transposed down by about a tone.

If I change the recording device in Preferences to the inbuilt microphone instead of USB audio, it doesn’t happen (I’ve also tried recording from the USB audio into Audacity, so there’s nothing wrong with the input).

This is Renoise 2.7.2 on OS X Lion - I’ve also tried 2.8.0 B2.

Pretty sure I must be doing something stupid, but I don’t know why it wouldn’t happen when using a different recording device.

This for sure sounds like a problem with mis-matched sampling rates. It can happen sometimes that your audio driver gets locked to a certain sampling rate such as 44.1kHz, while something else tries (and fails) to set it to another rate such as 48kHz, or vice versa. It’s difficult to say where or why this might be happening, but you should definitely check the settings of all your audio devices (plus any aggregate devices or similar), and all the audio settings in Renoise; make sure that everything is running at the same sampling rate.

Changed the sample rate in the Renoise preferences to 48000 instead of 44100, and it’s recording beautifully.

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: