Using Shift+Key bindings

Hi! I want to use Shift+D to delete whole row in pattern. But when I assign that keybinding, it conflicts with the operation of recording the D and creating a new column (works for any Shift+playable key). I don’t want that, I would much rather have the new keybinding. How can I do that?

Clear Whole Row → [ALT Delete] clear all the current row inside the selected track.

Steps:

1. Go to Pattern Editor:Insert/Delete/Clear Whole Row and assign [SHIFT D].

Another:
[SHIFT Right] select all the current line.
[SHIFT Delete] clear all the selected.

Go to Pattern Editor:Insert/Delete/Clear Whole Row and assign [SHIFT D].

Well, that’s the thing, it doesn’t work. Instead I get F# written to the current cell and a new column is created. Renoise v.3.2.1. Does it work for you if you do that?

I would like to be using many other Shift+Letter bindings, so D is just an example.

Ok, I see it. [SHIFT D] is assigned to inject accumulated notes to create chords. It will only happen with [SHIFT D*], *and any other letter or number associated with a note.

I suggest you just use another letter.

I suggest you just use another letter.

I tried r, u, i, q, m, but get the accumulated note nonetheless. Is there possibly some togglable option for this?

This setting cannot be changed. It is best to use another combination, such as [ALT D].
Renoise is not up to date to detect conflicts with SHIFT + (letter / number associated with a note). The chord insert feature is relatively new. It seems a mistake of the programmer.

Gotcha.

Hope this gets fixed if its indeed a bug.

It seems a forgetfulness or lack of development.