V-Spacing and H-Spacing (Vertical and Horizontal spacing) smaller than

Need to change V-Spacing and H-Spacing if GUI (Vertical and Horizontal spacing) smaller than Zero. How i can do that? Need to capture video to fit as much information as possible into the pattern.

I found how change font size whatever you want in *:\Program Files\Renoise 3.1.0\Resources\Skin\Fonts\Config.xml by change strings with “10,10”.

Is it possible to change the same method v-spacing and h-spacing?

Need to change V-Spacing and H-Spacing if GUI (Vertical and Horizontal spacing) smaller than Zero. How i can do that? Need to capture video to fit as much information as possible into the pattern.

I found how change font size whatever you want in *:\Program Files\Renoise 3.1.0\Resources\Skin\Fonts\Config.xml by change strings with “10,10”.

Is it possible to change the same method v-spacing and h-spacing?

If you want to decrease the size of the text source of the pattern editor, you follow these steps:

1. Close Renoise.
  2. Go to file *:\Program Files\Renoise 3.1.0\Resources\Skin\Fonts\PatternConfig.xml
  3. Reduce the value of “Small Size”.
  4. Save the file and restart Renoise.
  5. Go to “Renoise:Preferences\GUI: Font Size” and select “Small”
  6. Done!

Repeat the procedure until you find the desired size…

If you want to decrease the size of the text source of the pattern editor, you follow these steps:

1. Close Renoise.
  2. Go to file *:\Program Files\Renoise 3.1.0\Resources\Skin\Fonts\PatternConfig.xml
  3. Reduce the value of “Small Size”.
  4. Save the file and restart Renoise.
  5. Go to “Renoise:Preferences\GUI: Font Size” and select “Small”
  6. Done!

Repeat the procedure until you find the desired size…

No, no! I need decrease this values less than zero: H-Spacing and V-Spacing in Preferences → GUI

And in PatternConfig.xml exist string “-1,-1”. If I change the value of “-1” to any other renoise does not start.

No, no! I need decrease this values less than zero: H-Spacing and V-Spacing in Preferences → GUI

And in PatternConfig.xml exist string “-1,-1”. If I change the value of “-1” to any other renoise does not start.

Oh, okay! I think it is not possible. You can not hack it…

The only way would be to use a higher resolution monitor. If it were a static image, you could capture blocks and join. With the video, you can also move the pattern editor horizontally. But I guess you want to see more information at the same time.

By the way, I recommend you update to version 3.1.1, it has fewer bugs.

Yep, i need capture all pattern’s tracks :slight_smile: Ok, thanks for feedback.

Hmm, now i found this page - https://github.com/renoise/xrnx/blob/master/Documentation/Renoise.ViewBuilder.API.lua

I’m not programmer … but maybe that is something interesting about spacing ? And how to use it?

Yep, i need capture all pattern’s tracks :slight_smile: Ok, thanks for feedback.

Hmm, now i found this page - https://github.com/renoise/xrnx/blob/master/Documentation/Renoise.ViewBuilder.API.lua

I’m not programmer … but maybe that is something interesting about spacing ? And how to use it?

ViewBuider is part of the API documentation for the construction of tools, specifically the section of the creation of a window and all its elements. It does not work to modify Renoise, but it does serve to expand it with new windows and functions.

Maybe you’re interested in my Piano Roll Editor tool (or “PRE” for friends). It can show you the shooting of the notes of up to 33 tracks.

It is not possible to modify the Renoise graphical interface…