Vaeprism...

[Edit] Keeping all my tracks in one thread [scroll down for latest]:

1 Like

Chill one, I love the tropical-like vibes at the beginning. If you’ve made this with Renoise, this is pretty inspiring !

1 Like

Chill one, I love the tropical-like vibes at the beginning. If you’ve made this with Renoise, this is pretty inspiring !

Thanks so much.Yes it was made entirely in Renoise. Initially I was inspired by one shot recordings of a Marimba I got from a sample library project called Rubber tracks, which provides musicians free studio time for recording, shares the samples in a series of loops and one shots that are royalty free and also free to use. I made an instrument out of the samples with various hits spread out across the chromatic scale so I could write my own melody and the song grew from there.

The track became a little problematic for various reasons and to complete it, I clocked well over 300 hours. I am however, glad I persisted if not just for completion, more so for how much I have learnt in the process. I also made a few other percussive instruments in Renoise, which I would be happy to share, however I am unsure of the legalities surrounding the sharing of them. If you aren’t familiar with Rubber tracks sample library, I highly recommend checking it out: https://www.conversesamplelibrary.com/

The xrns file Is also littered with various synths n fx, a large amount of tracks incorporating various musical samples and some foley. Consequently it is approx 250Mb. I also included a lot of water related foley and sounds, Ie: bubbling, drips and some hydrophone samples and even a rain stick and I chose the title to reflect that in some manner. So in this respect it pleases me greatly that you felt tropical vibes from it.

Perhaps a little TL;DR, though I am grateful for your feedback and am more than happy to discuss my process further if interested. Thanks again!

1 Like

Been quite some time, I have recently remixed "Between’ by End.user. I made more of an effort to reflect the original to some extent…

https://soundcloud.com/vaeprism/enduser-between-vaeprism-remix

The track became a little problematic for various reasons and to complete it, I clocked well over 300 hours. I am however, glad I persisted if not just for completion, more so for how much I have learnt in the process. I also made a few other percussive instruments in Renoise, which I would be happy to share, however I am unsure of the legalities surrounding the sharing of them. If you aren’t familiar with Rubber tracks sample library, I highly recommend checking it out: https://www.conversesamplelibrary.com/

Damn, why didn’t i know about this. found some awesome stuff already in 5 minutes now.
Just can not see the track you posted here?

Damn, why didn’t i know about this. found some awesome stuff already in 5 minutes now.
Just can not see the track you posted here?

Indeed some good content. My links are to to sound cloud tracks which can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/vaeprism/

It has been quite a few months since I’ve stopped by, least of all got any new stuff online.

I do however, have some new stuff on the way and whilst I cannot share them just yet,

I would like to share some previews so to speak.

These two videos are for some in production…

1 Like

some cool glitchy sounds you got going on here… nicely done!

1 Like

Been some time. Latest track:

Nice ambience! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Video for Sylvan ælɡərɪðəm:

1 Like

Video for ΔΩŨэ∅⊻∰ [[Aqueous]]:

1 Like

Awesome video and track! I’m getting some new ideas for cool glitched out stuff from hearing this one.

1 Like

New track!

4 Likes

Totally love these glitched sounds! The whole ambiance of the track is fine and powerful.

1 Like

Holy shit! From 2:50 it get’s totally awesome… add some more distortion and it sounds like SWANS.

1 Like

I had considered distortion @lilith but liked the warmth the cleaner guitars added to the dynamics.
Much thanks to you both for the compliments!

Been some time. I have become part of a group called glitch[dot]cool and this track is from a compilation we put together using samples from a pack we previously created:

3 Likes

Been over a year… here’s something I did as part of a remix for Hypercube…

3 Likes