visual enhancement for used phrases in main editor...

Phrases are awesome. Thats a fact.

However I would like to see some kind of a small visualization hint on the main editor page, so that I know what the hell the phrases are actually doing.

(Pretty much in a way like you can enable this option where you can see the next and previous pattern slightly transparent at the top and the bottom of the pattern you are currently working on to see whats “around” you…)

Often I end up with a lot of c3 Z1…Z2…Z3… stuff all over the place on the main editor page and when you have a lot of phrases its very hard to follow which one actually does what.

Just an option to enable exaclty this feature to show the phrases content just shadowed or transparent on the “timeline” would go a long way here.

tL.

That would be really cool!

I too find myself looking at a mostly empty Pattern Editor (but for a few phrase triggers), and wondering "what’s really happening here?

A (toggleable) ghost image of the phrase’s data would be neato.

Not high on my priority list, but neato.

It’s not so simple though. The phrase could have a number of columns, while the trigger in the Pattern Editor only occupies one.

So there’d need to be some sort of graphical scaling to the ghost image, if it’s to convey any useful information at all.

Which possibly makes this request more trouble than it’s worth.

It’s not so simple though. The phrase could have a number of columns, while the trigger in the Pattern Editor only occupies one.

So there’d need to be some sort of graphical scaling to the ghost image, if it’s to convey any useful information at all.

Which possibly makes this request more trouble than it’s worth.

Yeah, you’re right… Didn’t think about that.

Yeah, the phrasesfeature is totally awesome. It’s soooooo cool that I really hope the devs choose to focus on exploring its full potential in future releases.

Some kind of coloring/visualisation (optional) would be a great starting point. That and a “print phrase to static pattern data” for manual editing of stuff within the pattern editor would rock.Not to mention getting rid of this:

Sorry, can currently not create phrases from multiple tracks. Select notes in one track only please."

I would like to see keys in detached sample editor window react to phrase notes.
Then i would see what phrase is playing (transposing).