Visual Toolbar | Native DSP

Hello guys,

I start making some tools for fun and why not :smiley:

Me and my friends are tested , so its work flawless for now.
It is a visual toolbar like in Reaper. But im not a programmer scripter, so i have some problems with my features to deal with. Maybe someone can help me a little if you have some time.

First i realise there is no way to use colored button images. Right ? its always based on the Theme colors.
I want the rollover state to be colored images. Thats looks awesome. Or maybe colored version all the time.
Is there any trick that can help me about that ? Maybe a bitmap and a button in overlay with alphaā€¦

Another thin is is i canā€™t resize the Button images to fit smaller or bigger sizes. it would be awesome i can do that for smaller screen users.
here is the Tool itself so you can check them out., happy usingā€¦

com.hotelsinus.VisualToolbarNativeDSP_V1.xrnx (144.7 KB)

I also made a VST effect version, and Instrument versions. So its three Visual Browser, but the VST version is need to setup by usersā€¦ but maybe i can create a workaround for thatā€¦ but its too hard coz every artist has its own VST as u knowā€¦

Thank you for your time
have a Good ReNoisey dayā€¦
Fanta | Hotelsinus
Hotelsinus Sound Design | Bandcamp | Spotify | Apple Music | Soundcloud

7 Likes

good idea

2 Likes

ya, cool.
I like this :slight_smile:
a couple minor things. Compressor image does not show the name of the device like all the others do

also, the bitmaps are all a little blurry. any way to sharpen them up with higher resolution images?

thanks for this!

Also, a general question for tool window keybindingsā€¦ Does anyone know if it is possible to make the keybind act as a toggle that not only invokes the tool window, but also closes it? Or is it possible to keybind tool window closure in the first place? Itā€™s a minor annoyance to switch from kb to mouse when working with tools generally

2 Likes

Keybinding is included , search ā€œvisualā€ in pref/keys and bind.

Yeah the images are placeholders.

Thanks for the ideas suggestions

2 Likes

yes, Iā€™ve already done this :slight_smile:
my question is about closing tool windows via keybind. anyone have any idea?
Seems like some tools can close windows and others canā€™t

Ah sorry, i check it tomorrow

1 Like

It would also be great if the tool included ALL native dsp, meta devices, and routing devices, including the doofer :slight_smile:

Definitely loving this tool so far! beats typing into the search field.

1 Like

Attempting to load a Send, MutilbandSend, or Sidechain device on the Master track crashes the tool.

coz u canā€™t insert send devices to master trackā€¦ somehow i can fix this issue laterā€¦ thx

com.hotelsinus.VisualToolbarNativeDSP_V1.1.xrnx (144.8 KB)

Now u can close with keybindingā€¦

1 Like

I think I can help you here.

Aid:

1.- Use png images with transparency to allow the color of the button to pass through.
2.- In the iteration function that you will have used, create:

• Enveloping with a row with negative ā€œspacingā€ of the button width (spacing=-128).
  • Inside that row the ā€œbuttonā€ and the ā€œbitmapā€ objects separately of the same size 128x128 (width=128, height=128). This is all for ā€œbutton driveā€ within the iteration.

Example (you have to adapt it to your view code):

--negative spacing superimposes objects (spacing=-128)
row{
  spacing=-128,
  button{
    width=128,
    height=128,
    --no bitmap="",
    --no text="",
    notifier=function() end,
    tooltip=""
  },
  bitmap{
    active=false, --important: the button take action!
    bitmap="img/the image.png", --use a "img" folder to classify files! images of 128x128
    mode="transparent", --or "plain", "button_color", "body_color", "main_color". Try them!
    --no notifier=function() end,
    --no tooltip=""
 }
}

Suggestions:

• Place all the titles of each button image in exactly the same location.
  • Use Renoiseā€™s 100% scaling to create images that correspond to the same size. This guarantees sharpness with each scaling. Itā€™s worth it!
  • Use the ā€œ@ā€ characteristic in the name of the each png images for scaling:
    name_image.png (original size 128x128)
    name_image@1.25x.png (original size x1.25)
    name_image@4x.png (original size x4)

Besidesā€¦

• I suggest you capture the images with Renoise scaling at 350%. You increase each image by 50% until you reach 400% and take this image of 350% as a base to create the rest of the png image sizes more smalls.
  • Save images in 8bit with transparency to take up little space.

view this:

If you use image scaling and a great dedication to creating beautiful images, true to the look of Renoise, it will look great! I think a ā€œnegativeā€ image look would be appropriate, without color and with transparency of the background. I think the bulk of the work is creating the right images and your scales.

4 Likes

why did I always think that Renoise can only do .BMP?

Edit:
I have to start reading all the way to the end :frowning:

**Supported bitmap file formats are *.bmp, .png or .tif (no transparency).

hmmm, doesnā€™t seem to be workingā€¦

u need to click out of the window, dont know why. but if you dont click out of that panel, just hit ESC.

1 Like

Thanks! This is really good stuff, great idea!

1 Like

thank you

This is usually common. We have just enough time to do things and we want immediacy. :slight_smile: