Voting For New Features After 2.0

A lot of features were missing in Renoise so I actually bought Cubase 4. Now Renoise is catching up which is brilliant. This would be the only feature I can think of that is of any importance to me right now. Renoise 2 took care of all the other ones! :)

The pattern based idea of Renoise is awesome. I love the way it works and I have been a tracker enthusiast for many years now. I find the pattern based production to have it’s flaws as well. It’s impossible to have a general overview of your work in progress. With a lot of patterns and automation going on this get’s very confusing. I would love the possibility to have an overview of my entire track. I think it will increase the efficiency of Renoise by a lot. :)

i’d vote for better routing options :yeah:

To all the people who didn’t like what I said about scripting being esoteric and not viable. I’m describing it as esoteric relative for the time and effort it would involve to make it flexible - why spend so much time and effort on a feature used by a minority? (I guess it depends how well the minority can cater for the majority, which is Suva’s point although I think he was talking more about an API) I see the big picture of scripting, and I’m not really anti-script enough to be passionate against it. Lets just conduct a poll and let the users decide.

re: piano roll
I like the idea of “track types” … it will mean that piano-roll haters like me will never get to see one.

So when you select “new track”, a menu will appear asking you the type of track available.

1. Tracker
  2. Wav (longplay)
  3. Piano Roll
  4. Automation Track?
  5. More ideas via the Renoise API?

While on the topic of alternative track types: long samples. For implementing long vocal tracks or instrumental parts, Renoise is as useless as tits on a bull. This is understandable considering the tracker was never designed for any samples longer than a pattern. This is why a “wav” track type could be useful.

re: Renoise Live
I’m still keen on the “Renoise Live” idea as a separate app. I vouch for a separate application for 2 reasons.

1. The ability to deliver a live performance is much more than a feature, and it should be perceived as a separate application.
  2. Less clutter. (obviously you can give the live app its own full screen space inside Renoise)

agreed.
+1

also, i like the ideas of a proper API.

A piano roll to arrange the different patterns?
Visualize the composition, rather than the notes/fx/etc…

Wow… multiple pattern playback…?!

For me, Renoise is the tool above all tools for letting out the creativity.

The most important thing that Renoise Devs would focus on would to continue to make it even more intuitive to work with. And I agree with the one who said, we dont need alot of new eye candy and functions.

I feel that Renoise is on the right track, and I also feel that it can be made even more directly intuitive to use than it already is.

I like the idea of editing lines for note delays etc, at least if it does make sense on your screen while tracking.

Also would like to think that Impulse tracker had a nice and easy approach to the tracker, even though it didnt have to handle that many functions.

Many thanks for making Renoise, it sure is the best tracker in the world to this date. :)

I’m sort of noob on Renoise but I can’t find any requests for time stretch. The 09 version explained in the tutorials is nice but it’s not the same as having elastique time stretch as in Ableton Live or EnergyXT2.

Yes there are plugs and stand alone audio editors but it’s not the same… as samples are at the core of tracking it would be nice to have it fully integrated.

Using it in combination with render to sample you’ll have online and off line time stretch!

The main features that I’m looking for right now for the next renoise is an effective way to use it live.

I currently dream of a world with renoise as the only software you ever need to make music.

Oh ma gawds, Automatic mastering?

Or something that helps you with that?

I mean, i really dont know. I would just love to get it like now now.

Aloha everbody!

Thank god for RIP firefox extension, I don’t have to watch that ass slapping ever again. :)

That ass slapping is hypnotizing, is that how you drum in Hawaii?

Thanks for the tip! didn’t know that!

Its how we drum when we are with girls yes. Tis a great metronome.

Great progress so far, but Renoise is still useless without arranger… :(

music creation software is a great thing, but it’s useless without some input of talent and effort.
what you say, compadre, may divulge quite a bit of inside info about your general musicianship. :rolleyes:

Well, i dont want to go into pointless discussion with you. Arranger will not hurt you.

You Are All Useless Without Cowbell.

It will not hurt indeed, but just to be curious, why is Renoise useless to you without it?
Have you read the manuals and so on? most people here are tracking their asses off.

One thing I would definitely vote for is track freezing. Many of my tracks go really on the edge with CPU usage.