VST output parameters and meta devices

Hi,

I’ve been fiddling around trying to get this working for a while but I’m stumped. I have a VST with a number of output parameters (Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst). I want to use one of these output parameters as the input to Hydra, but I can’t find any way to link them together. I guess what I’m after is a ‘Parameter Follower’ meta machine or something, but is there any other way of doing this?

No. Renoise is not modular in that way.

(I did not know that VST effects had output parameters. If you are in fact referring to a controllable input parameter, you could always control it with a Hydra and thereby tie it to other parameters.)

The output parameters aren’t anything special - they’re just normal parameters which are set by the VST rather than manually. The FreqAnalyst VST is a spectral analyzer with outputs for the center frequency etc.

Do you know if this is something that would be possible to script? I’ve been meaning to have a go for a while and it seems like this might be a good introductory project.

Are these parameters visible and selectable in the normal meta device select boxes?

If you are talking about the parameters in a VST instrument, you need to gain access to them by using this: http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Meta_Devices#.2AInstrument_Automation_.28Automating_VST_instrument_parameters.29