VST3 - no option to choose VST3 path (Windows)

I manually created a VST3 folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files (later, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
and placed my .VST3 file in it, rescanned, set it as my path for VST2’s (no option to set it as a VST3 path), rescanned again.

Attached is a screenshot of my preferences window. Let me know if anyone can help me.

I’ve also placed the .VST3 and .dll versions of my plugin in the same folder.

In contrary to VST2 plugins there’s a given path for VST3 plugins and you gotta go with this one, otherwise those VST3 plugins won’t work. Just simply install your VST3 plugins on your computer and don’t move them elsewhere. The common path in WIndows is Windows/Program Files/Common Files/VST3.

1 Like

VST3 … Program Files/Common Files/VST3
VST2 … Program Files/Common Files/VST2
CLAP … Program Files/Common Files/CLAP
LV2 … Program Files/Common Files/LV2
32bit … Original in documents
32bit bridged using JBridge in Program Files/Common Files/VSTBridge

Don’t mix all together.

1 Like

It even mentions Renoise explicitly. I haven’t tried it so I don’t know if this works, or not. But seems plausible.

1 Like

There was no VST3 folder on my system by default. I had to create it manually, exactly where you said it should be ( C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3 .)

I rescanned in Renoise before even touching VST2 settings and nothing.

^ look

I don’t need to change the path. I just need to figure out why Renoise is not reading from the default path from me.

Why? My VST came with .VST3 and .dll files and I dragged them both to the same folder.

My problem was solved. I think it was a dependency issue.

I installed a different VST, one that has an installer, and both the new and old VSTs now work.

Thank you. I did try before by having only the .VST3 file in the VST3 folder and nothing.

1 Like