Warp (realtime time/pitch stretching)

Yeah i know we have rubberband tool and 9xx stuff for this kinda things, but they are offline, takes time to do and confusing sometimes, which kills fast workflow. Are we gonna have some kind of simplified Live-like warp feature in Rns 3.1-3.x ?

I see this as an addition to a sampler, see the pic.

5641 warp.png

As you see there is a warp mode button, pressing it will give you the markers, like in slice-mode, so you’ll be able to stretch the sample related to track in a pattern. At the top and bottom of the waveform there is rulers, which can be seen as 0S Effect/Beats/Samples/Minutes, so i suppose to add one more mode like Lines (in track) 8/16/32/64/etc, so we can see where its gonna apply on the track in pattern.

And do not forget a transpose slider somewhere here :wink:

p.s. Also i think this thing will visually work great if we had vertical waveforms in tracks, so we can directly see where we apply the sample, and how it warps related to lines in track.

Maybe after redux? No! LoL

Maybe after redux? No! LoL

Redux is a little cool thing, but i want (and many others, but not the devs) a real deal DAW with a tracker sequencer. And by real deal DAW i mean…just check all the important suggestions, none of them are done, devs just improving things that are minority like, or in some ways that are illogic and hard to work with.

step one: use rewire
step two: start wondering why you even use renoise
step three: use renoise just for that

step four: hire more devs for the devs and pay their salary

Click to view contents

I really don’t understand the people who say renoise has features that are confusing or hard to use. :c

Developing time scretch algorithm is very complicated. Bitwig did it and it failed.
Tracktion did it with the new version (they integrated timewarp into 6.1) becuase it has elastique v3 which is one of the best timescretch algorithm.
So integrate elastique (which is commercial) is the way imho. Maybe not the cheapest one.

Developing time scretch algorithm is very complicated. Bitwig did it and it failed.
Tracktion did it with the new version (they integrated timewarp into 6.1) becuase it has elastique v3 which is one of the best timescretch algorithm.
So integrate elastique (which is commercial) is the way imho. Maybe not the cheapest one.

yeah, developing that kinda thing from scratch will take ages for rns devs, so licensing is a good option. Sure it will alter the price of renoise, but i’m ready to pay.

zPlane have a nice stretch tech for licensing, already used in Live, Reaper, Image-Line stuff, Steinberg, you name it…

(…wrong post…)

takes time to do and confusing sometimes, which kills fast workflow.

devs just improving things that are minority like, or in some ways that are illogic and hard to work with.

Sir, in all honesty, I wholeheartedly disagree… :wink:

However: Of course some kind of realtime timestretch would be “nice candy” but by all means not necessary

and by all means shouldn’t be top dev priority. Ever. In no DAW. Just helps lazy people… :slight_smile:

Also in a tracker I really do not want to see anything else than letters and numbers on the pattern/main page,

because thats the whole point of it and design philosphy in the first place.

(EDIT: Well, it might depend on the design implementation, but to do this right they better pull off a design masterpiece…

_Besides that, rest assured that then it very likely will _ get confusing.)

Best,

tL.

Redux is a little cool thing, but i want (and many others, but not the devs) a real deal DAW with a tracker sequencer. And by real deal DAW i mean…just check all the important suggestions, none of them are done, devs just improving things that are minority like, or in some ways that are illogic and hard to work with.

Dude i understanding Yours feel)))) its just irony about how many years we waiting. this forum have many cool ideas but you need to have a patience.

Have nice day

However: Of course some kind of realtime timestretch would be “nice candy” but by all means not necessary

and by all means shouldn’t be top dev priority. Ever. In no DAW. Just helps lazy people… :slight_smile:

Also in a tracker I really do not want to see anything else than letters and numbers on the pattern/main page,

(EDIT: Well, it might depend on the design implementation, but to do this right they better pull off a design masterpiece…

Best,

tL.

You are right about tracker ideology but anytime Renoise need more instruments with samples working. timewarp for quantize in the sample browsers very useful and we speak about many many time.

Best,

tL.

i did not mentioned this as a top priority, there are already top priorities, which were ignored for years.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=7819

maybe we could also do this ?

We don’t have enough renoise users with a 100$ billlaying on the floorto pull of a stunt like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Reaper on the other hand ‘can be’ free and has sample views, and once again, runs rewire.