Wav To Flac, Sample Offset?

Hi,

I’ve tried using flac to convert a 24-bit wav from a Computer Music DVD to flac, and I can get it to convert ok, and keep loop points etc, but when looking at the sample compared to the wav, the wave starts slightly ‘in’ to the sample on the flac compared to the original, and the actually start part of the sample is at the end of the flac, sort of like the flac is slightly wrapped. I wondered if anyone had any ideas? :( :)

Cheers in advance!
LW.

Why do you need to do that anyway? Renoise can load WAV files too.

Hi,

Renoise loads them up fine, that is true.

But, I have a load of multi samples, so to save a while loading and mapping in the instrument editor to make an instrument from many sampled notes from the same instrument/synth, I am trying to use the RMIC utility (from util downloads on this site), but first it needs the samples in flac…

If there is another way to take a load of samples and easily auto map that would be great? e.g. I have…

ST_ArpoBass-A1.wav
ST_ArpoBass-A2.wav
ST_ArpoBass-A3.wav
ST_ArpoBass-C1.wav
ST_ArpoBass-C2.wav
ST_ArpoBass-C3.wav
ST_ArpoBass-C4.wav
ST_ArpoBass-D#1.wav
ST_ArpoBass-D#2.wav
ST_ArpoBass-D#3.wav
ST_ArpoBass-F#1.wav
ST_ArpoBass-F#2.wav
ST_ArpoBass-F#3.wav

…is there an easy way to create the keyboard mapping etc other than manual (or RMIC one flac convert is cool with these particular samples)?

I am happy to plod through these, but I have many many multi samples so it is getting boring but will be worth the effort :)

Ideas always appreciated :)

Cheers,
LW.

If you can code a little bit:
PHP-Xrns allows you to write your own php scripts to modify or create renoise files, you could pick one of the existing ones and adjust it to your needs.
One thing you for sure have to modify is the document version. (renoise 2.5 instrument have a different document version)

http://xrns-php.sourceforge.net/

Hi,

Thanks - I’ll take a look. Not shy of a bit of coding :)

Meanwhile the quick solution I have is to use Switch converter to get wav to flac then use RMIC to make the instrument, works great apart from Switch wav to flac looses wav loop points (and flac.exe seems to offset the sample but does keep loops points), anyway - getting there, got basics in place to play around. Just after the fastest route from CM DVD multi’s to XRNI.

Cheers all,
LW.