waves v9

is it only me or are others also having problems with waves plugins?

Application: Init OK
Application: Enter MainLoop…

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate E:\Vstplugins\Waves\Saphira Stereo.dll
VstPlugs: Analyzing VST plugin ‘Waves: Saphira Stereo’, Unique ID:1347572563, Version:2400

VstPlugs: Instantiate OK

CrashLog: Handling Exception! Code : C0000005
CrashLog: 000000014090AB16: l9_ippsSin_64f_A50 +72C246
CrashLog: 00000001408CA4D7: l9_ippsSin_64f_A50 +6EBC07
CrashLog: 00000001409109FE: l9_ippsSin_64f_A50 +73212E
CrashLog: 00000001408C6FA9: l9_ippsSin_64f_A50 +6E86D9
CrashLog: 0000000140913F2A: l9_ippsSin_64f_A50 +73565A
CrashLog: 00000001409140D8: l9_ippsSin_64f_A50 +735808
CrashLog: 00000001408C8B1E: l9_ippsSin_64f_A50 +6EA24E
CrashLog: 00000001405090B2: l9_ippsSin_64f_A50 +32A7E2
CrashLog: 0000000077A15A4D: BaseThreadInitThunk +0000D
CrashLog: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF: ??? +00000

Application: Caught an unhandled fatal exception (Thread: AUDIO SLAVES)!
Application: Saving a backup…

Application: Terminating…

my specs:

windows 7 ultimate 64bit

crosshair V formula

amd fx 8320

8gb ram

r9 280

sb zxr

Great…

What an idiot invented this goddamn shell.

More than that, why do they need ot separate all plugins on Mono / Stereo/ M/S, when amount is huge already, one simple button inside-swtich inside each plugin would do the job a lot more elegant, without polluting plugin-lists.

Those major companies have their fuckin’ voodoo magic.

well i’ve done restarts / rescans and stuff like that already.

i’ve actually only used selected plugins, via that shell2vst tool. and still, the plugs are having some idiotic problem.

i’ll do a complete uninstall of waves, with extra registry cleaning and stuff and try again. weird is though, other daws doesn’t seem to have problems.

and yea, seperating them to mono / stereo / ms … i never understood that either. but fabfilter are doing this aswell. who knows :slight_smile:

offtopic:

failure13 that’s an interesting system you have there. 32gb ram and even more HDD space than me. you seem to use alot sample libs and/or kontakt?? :slight_smile:

but why such a bad-ass mofo graphicscard … like … that card is as exspensive as the rest together … almost :slight_smile:

I’m really tired of Waves too!

Before their latest version update I couldn’t use their VST plugins properly in Renoise, so had to use AU.

Now with the latest version none of the AU plugins show up, so I have a ton of songs with missing plugins, but the VST versions works fine now :smashed:

Sigh…

I’m really tired of Waves too!

Before their latest version update I couldn’t use their VST plugins properly in Renoise, so had to use AU.

Now with the latest version none of the AU plugins show up, so I have a ton of songs with missing plugins, but the VST versions works fine now :smashed:

Sigh…

maybe try to also install the older version of the au versions and then if they show up again, also add the vst version to the channel and maybe copying the settings from one to another works for you?

yeah, this piece-of-sh*t shell system keeps cauing troubles devil knows why. and then, after couple restarts - everything works just fine. and then after a few this error emerges again. just delete CachedFailedVSTs_x64.db and restart Renoise until it actually works.

Great…

What an idiot invented this goddamn shell.

More than that, why do they need ot separate all plugins on Mono / Stereo/ M/S, when amount is huge already, one simple button inside-swtich inside each plugin would do the job a lot more elegant, without polluting plugin-lists.

Those major companies have their fuckin’ voodoo magic.

There’s a tool, were you can extract the plugins of a shell to single VST’s. It’s called shell2vst.

You can find this tool here (direct download link):

http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/shell2vst.zip

Extract this zip into your vst plugins folder, and then run it. Then darg & drop the shell you want extract into the open window of the shell2vst app and all plugins inside this shell will be extracted to single VST dll’s.

This should solve this problem. If this tool doesn’t work correctly, try to start it with the “start as admin” option by right clicking the shell2vst.exe.

If all VST’s are extracted, you can place them everywhere you want/need them.

Mastrcode

Yeah man, sure thing lot of people know about shell2vst, but thing is that even if you physically split plugins into separate files - they are still very heavy for a lot of DAWs (by shell i guess i’ve meant not even the shell itself, but sort of how they are loading on their own, and this W animation while everthying gets frozen for some time etc).

In Renoise for example if you use a lot of waves plugs simultaniously, and constantly adding / removing them fast - you’ll surely crash in any way :wacko:

teis

Thx man i’ve put a lot of work in that system, kinda lifestyle)

Yeah, i use a lot of Kontakt libs, BFD, Reaktor, Omnisphere, Trillian and stuff like that, though i’m really far from filling all that space out with samples, since all of my samples + libs are ~like 700Gb

Titan X is mainly for video-editing / print work, illustrations, 3D rendering, games, game-dev etc. I design a lot of things, so have to keep up wtih technologies to buy myself some time)

btw, it’s not that expensive as Nvidia Quadro M6000 for example, (which claims to be ‘for rendering & CAD’ and it’s price at least x6 higher that Titan X, with exactly same hardware, except few controlling resistors / transistors) but with some driver modification of (or few of those resistors / transistors directly on board) you can basically make Quadro M6000 from this card!

So, even it’s insane to say, but buying Titan X with that in mind - is a real freaking profit! ))))

P.S. And definately most price to everything else together goes for NEC SpectraView reference 301 monitor)

If you’ll ever need some consultation on extreme PC hardware…Well you know who to ask, feel free to PM)