Weekend Challenge: Make a song without actually doing that

In between the danushri tool, and the RPG, and the maYbe command, and the tool I can’t remember the name of that can randomize notes in a particular scale, and phrases in general, and random LFO’s, it should be possible to make a song in Renoise without actually having to actually make a song! So lets do that. The more randomness the better.

edit: This probably should have gone into the Songs section, in retrospect.

dAnushri

Set the intrument/note for kick, snare and hi hat, turn knobs, instant beats.

Randomize Notes

Randomizes a sequence of notes. You can even set a scale. Combine with maYbe command.

Renoise Phrase Generator (RPG)

Windows only, but spits a random sequence of notes into Renoise. I found it to be a little buggy.

Try this:

1. Input a scale, 2 octaves worth.

2. Use Randomize Notes on it.

3. Create a phrase out of the sequence.

4. Duplicate the instrument with the phrase.

5. Back in the patter editor, used advanced edit to bump the sequence of notes up to harmonize with the old sequence. There will of course be a few notes you’ll have to manually correct.

6. Copy the new harmonized phrase into the duplicated instrument.

7. Set maybe commands all around

8. Trigger both phrases at the same time. Get super cool random sometimes harmonized melody thing.

Mine is done, anyone else making one?

XRNS

MP3

It seems a great idea but it requires too much inside knowledge to get over the lazy hump. I know it’s pathetic but 0Yxx true? People are loooozerz… Should link to all them cool tools and stuffs and find name of other thing and announcererun next weekend. But it cool you posted a yardstick.

Also think it should be in compo and collab even if you don’t intend a ‘winner’, as such. Also, think it’s a great idea. Did I say that already?

I seriously just typed up a huge post with tips on making random music, and I screwed up a link, hit backspace to delete it, and my browser went back to the previous page and I lost it all.

I seriously just typed up a huge post with tips on making random music, and I screwed up a link, hit backspace to delete it, and my browser went back to the previous page and I lost it all.

Crap! too bad…

well, maybe just make a thread in compos anyway and everybody can post tips while they mull it over? cross fingers, would love to see anything in there work out…

Redid it, but it’s not as in depth as it was before. :frowning:

I tried, but ended up dorking with d’Anshuri the whole time and never built anything hehe. Really cool idea, will try to wrap my head around these tools for future!