What About "track Groups"?

I’m doing that stuff for some time already, i have all my drums in send channel where i can treat it as on a “bus” equalise, compress, send to another send channel if needed etc… if you divide your instruments into send channels you can mix much faster - in that case you’d only need to color send tracks, but usually there aren’t as many of them. Coloring of tracks sounds nice tho I support it

• another

as somebody mentioned some time ago…
yes this would be helpful.

and i have idea about drum section)))

https://forum.renoise.com/t/live-with-renoise/18762
read here if you like it i can write all what i thing about

Yeah PLEASE implement colour coding for the final release of 1.8!!!

We all really need it!

1.8 is not gong to have other new features. wait for next versions.

Booooo!

That sort of goes against what Taktik posted about any last minute ‘show-stoppers’ doesnt it…

No, you misunderstood this. With show-stopper I meant something that is so broken that it makes the program useless. A crash, broken behaviour of an existing feature and so on.

This is not the last release. There are approx. 12732 features that could be done for Renoise. All of them are great to have, but if we start implementing more and more stuff, we never will be able to release something that was tested and tweaked in such a way that you could call it finished. Take a look a the alpha bugs forum to see how much effort is needed to get the current set of features complete and bug free.

New features introduce new questions, new finetuning and new bugs. If you never end adding features you never get something done.

Well I understand where both are comming from. Actually there is a lot that can be added to renoise, but I really don’t want all of it for this released. I’m really stoked and I’m also tired of clicking the “this version will expire, the full version won’t…” page. Just want to load up me sequencer and get on with it :).

Wonder how long will it be until the next alpha’s of renoise 2.0 will be out?

Well I understand where both are comming from. Actually there is a lot that can be added to renoise, but I really don’t want all of it for this released. I’m really stoked and I’m also tired of clicking the “this version will expire, the full version won’t…” page. Just want to load up me sequencer and get on with it :).

Wonder how long will it be until the next alpha’s of renoise 2.0 will be out?

i.am:
use xF00 to switch delay off while writing :D

haha.

yeah that’s a wierd one. Also a first for me. that hever happened before.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood what you meant.

It is all coming together nicely now and we all appreciate your extremely hard work to this (which is why most of us have paid for it, unlike all the other software we use!)

As a user, visible features are what gets me going, but I don’t undervalue the work that goes on under the bonnet.

Thanks for anything you can add, and ooops for the misunderstanding!

I will just use clever syntax for my track marking for the time being.