what are your crazy ideas for renoise?

title is self-explanatory :slight_smile:

I can start it off:

editing the spectogram of a sample ANS synthesizer-style, it would mean less fiddling around trying to clean up audio with a faster workflow

another crazy idea:

eq in the spectrum view :blink:

basic math operations between samples :smashed:

feedbackcircuits in the mixer :badteeth:

dry/wet container with linear phase compensation :dribble:

If the Lua interpreter in Renoise could be updated to Lua 5.3, I’d be building some crazy bit-shifted instruments. B)

Renoise becoming a step sequencer

Redux = VST

ReFex (All Renoise effects spun off in to standalone VST plugins, extremely cheap)

Renoise PB (Made in to a step sequencer/tracker VST)

Wehn you own all three, then Redux and ReFex can be loaded in to the Renoise step sequencer VST, giving you a Renoise playback device in your DAW

If the Lua interpreter in Renoise could be updated to Lua 5.3, I’d be building some crazy bit-shifted instruments. B)

The Renoise API is not 100% vanilla - you have some additional features on top:

luabind (OO style programming) and bit operations, courtesy ofhttp://bitop.luajit.org/

The Renoise API is not 100% vanilla - you have some additional features on top:

luabind (OO style programming) and bit operations, courtesy ofhttp://bitop.luajit.org/

Ah, you added the BitOp code! I was wondering if I would have to use this http://www.dialectronics.com/Lua/code/BinDecHex.shtml to implement some bit-wise ops. I’m still digging around the API docs, my bad that I missed the additional features. Thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

Now I’ll have to think up some other crazy idea. :wink:

Renoise becoming a step sequencer

Redux = VST

ReFex (All Renoise effects spun off in to standalone VST plugins, extremely cheap)

Renoise PB (Made in to a step sequencer/tracker VST)

Wehn you own all three, then Redux and ReFex can be loaded in to the Renoise step sequencer VST, giving you a Renoise playback device in your DAW

I’d kill for a Renoise PB that could control VST instruments. So that you couldbe trackingwith VST instruments inside of other DAWs instead of using their pianorolls.

But my own craziest idea would be torun the Renoise developersthrough a mindset changing machine, the result being that the devs came outfrom the closet and announced to the world: Any registered Renoise user who agrees to sign up with these terms [i.e.promising to notbehave badly]should beinvited toat least monitorthe alpha tester subforums.

-partial waveform generator for both modulator and carrier , audio rate modulation ( phase mod,ring mod ), all in real time of course

Nevermind

I still want this though:

You all suck big time, this are all “good” ideas, and no “real crazy” ones.

Crazy would be - to include 80-250mb of kitten meow and generic caterwaul samples to the standard renoise download. As sample library. No, wait, there could be even crazier suggestions…

Ohhhhhhh, you want really crazy

Remove any kind of easy editing that any normal person can read, add in a whole new code note entry system where you have to type a number to reference a note with zero visual indicator of the note, you have to type in another number for note end, just numbers for everything, it would be so cool.

Turn Renoise one step counter clockwise, instant pianoroll.

…

…

Wow, that’s crazy!

I’m still wishing for independent pitch and speed controls for samples, Ableton Live-style. Would be amazing to have a simple control to change the pitch without affecting speed and vice versa. Crazy, I know.

crazy ideas ?

What about Pattern commands in binary numbers instead of hexadecimal ones ? :drummer: :smashed:

I demand obfuscated user interface, where you have to kind of solve little riddles to know what option you are clicking with the mouse, or what note there actually is in the pattern editor. To make things more challenging, rules for obfuscation and gui element positions are swapped every one-and-a-half hour. Plus minus random up to 50 minutes. Just keep watching the elements, you know it is time for brainjogging and training the memory, when that “C-4” suddenly becomes from “R!-x7” to “)þ$~Z”. Rules should become harder and harder to solve depending on the hours of renoise usage time, so the counter used in the demo is finally useful for something real.

This, plus finally make it look like a native windows 95 visual basic UI.

my mildly crazy idea is this: have some kind of metainformation for each pattern that will give an pos/neg integer value to alter the pattern’s note values. this layer could be en- or disabled by pattern fx. this is possible via phrases already, but either this or some ghostview of phrases in the pattern editor. that would also rock! and I want a patternfx command that would just set the sample rate instead of sliding or gliding. I’d love that so much. And Renoise VR Edition, where you can throw lumps of sounds against a wall of tracks. also I want a Yodel DSP. And an Option that will show every pattern without line 13(0D) because that is bad luck. My strangest idea would be would be a “YALP” button with several options for playing patterns/samples&envelopes backwards or not.

Have csound right inside it.

Switch off graphical and have only a midi controllable runtime.

My crazy idea, that will never become reality, is that everything regarding pattern data should be split into layers / clips. This would provide ultra fast laying out of a song, given the arranger was good enough.

Chord layer (with accompanied indexed note-hit layer), volume layer, pan layer, automation-parameter layer, note value layer, note pitch layer. Drag and drop from library. Extract a layer from one track and apply to another.