What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

Good question! I don’t know :woman_shrugging: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Since Renoise devs are AI machine learning implementation pro’s, how about options for AI assistment when arranging, make it easier to break out the 4 - 8 pattern writers block loop? Build upon suggestions, not necessarily have it complete a whole track for you, but generate ideas for sake of inspiration, of course :wink: .

Feed the engine multiple styles of complete songs, different genres for reference, and be able to have the AI work on what is already there / selected in the sequence list / matrix.

2 Likes

I think there are some rather obvious routes to take for the Renoise team.
One is certainly porting Renoise to ARM Linux, to allow for using it in more embedded/hardware-integrated contexts, and possibly then to ARM Mac, too.
Another one is to expand the Doofer concept with parallel routing possibilities and VST(i) support, and release it as a standalone plugin to be used with other DAWs.
And then I still think that the Renoise instrument (and hence also Redux) has the potential to become a really advanced sampler, if a bit more attention would be paid to the more classical feature set that digital samplers have acquired over the last 30 years. Also there will be some fierce competition in this space now that Shortcircuit has been open sourced…

Simple things:

• Better VST paths config
  • Better selection system
  • Better texture integration
  • Better metronome

And a pianoroll, yes, but a vertical one!

A “post” master FX chain,to apply,for example,frequency response correction,without altering the master level meter

Already exists: New tool (3.3.2): Piano Roll Editor v8.5 build 326 (September 2021)

1 Like

Pianoroll is a silly notation from my point of view…
Only note and velocity,which take all the screen

The force of a tracker is to give lots of information…in a compact way
but the drawback is the way of input…keyboard

I’m sure that tracker systems will be easier to use in the futur

They will use hexadecimal,colors and rotary controls

1 Like

-More communication from the dev-team. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

Then you must not use it! But Pianoroll edit is a standard element of every modern DAW and many users wish to have one in Renoise. A standard horizontal one and nativ implemented! FL Studio could build a design template for this. Its one of the best avaiable at market. Its not need to have all possibilitys of FL Pianoroll, but at least quick and smooth zooming and scrolling and unbind windows option or min/max window functions should be. Or make simply a new tab “Pianoroll” like the “Sampler” or “Plugin” one.

Merge ‘#sidechain’ and ‘#signal follower’ into one device

Just a button “sidechain” to add to ‘#signal follower’

1 Like

If only there were the said upcoming Renoise releases… :pleading_face:

2 Likes

“Scroll control” functionality. So that with one hand, we point mouse at a parameter. And with the other hand, we turn a knob. Comes in handy when your soft synth has 100 knobs and 50 sliders or whatever.

And I def want to be able to eventually use Renoise in augmented reality. Such as wearing a pair of glasses that allow you to see reality, but there is a massive multi-screen setup transposed over it. VR too. I sincerely hope we have the choice to be in either of those, depending on mood/preference. But I’m not sure Renoise team would necessarily need to do additional work for such things to be implemented

Instrument chaining, maybe with customizable signal flow.
I currently use New Sonic Arts Freestyle for this. Its the only plugin chainer, which don’t have issues with mouse wheel (needed in Reason Rack and ProQ3). Atleast for me and the current beta also supports VST3

2 Likes

I’d like two very simple features:

1. A “Find” function. It could be implemented as an extra button in the Advanced Edit panel. For instance, currently we can delete all the notes associated with a given instrument using the Advance Edit panel. I’d like to be able to get Renoise to just show me where these notes are. This would work the same way a “Find” function in a text editor works, i.e. it would take me to the pattern where the same note occurs, highlighting it, and there would be a “Find next” button to find the next occurrence and so forth.
  2. A “Delete instrument if unused” function. Right now, there is a “Delete Unused Instruments” function. But sometimes we don’t want to delete all unused instruments and just want to delete a particular instrument if that instrument is unused.
1 Like

For 1 possibly try PatternEditor Find And Replace | Renoise ?

I will! Thanks!

In addition to that, a plugin search tool or plugin list tool would be nice. When you’re chains get too long, it takes a lot of time to find out where a particular plugin was inserted.

a proper freq analyser built into the EQ would make detailed work a lot easier. atm notching resonances is best done with plugins.

2 Likes

nope

A realtime waveform visualizer is the next step ,to work on dynamic

cordially

1 Like

-a proper audio recorder/looper
-a “swing” fade built in each pattern?
-a tool to automatically quantize audio [not midi]

third one is my highest dream
i cant think of more features or improvements because renoise is already so great and well polished. thank you devs

1 Like