What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

The things I was hoping for in 3.3 for greater audio manipulation within Renoise natively:

• Granular multi-grain capabilities for the Sampler

• Phase Modulation for the Sampler

• Sample(s) as oscillator modulator(s) - not convolution

• FM rate LFOs

• Finer time-stretch control over Rubberband (like Rubberband-Aid plugin), but with more features similar to Reaper’s control over it.

• Time-stretch automation

As I’ve said before - Renoise all by itself does some amazing audio manipulation already, these types of changes to the sampler/audio would just be amazing.

23 Likes

Fix Spire VST render ‘first-note’ bug

1 Like

Arbitrary LFO speed
VU meter (DBVU, RMS)

For API: Arbitrary data saved with song (in 3.3!)
For API: Ability to fire arbitrary keyboard shortcuts (think tool-agnostic macros)

4 Likes

I definitely would like a lfo hz increase too, especially if there were hz values for the lfo meta device, for fm purposes.
A damping on the comb filter
And an allpass filter would be nice. I can’t find any free ones

4 Likes

Parallel routing in the DSP chain is the only major thing I can think of.

Just kidding. A piano roll, of course!

12 Likes

For Redux/Sampler:

Freerunning LFO for the Modulation (Pitch/Pan/Vol/Filter).
Lock for the Pattern, so you can change Instruments or Drum Kits, but let the Pattern keep playing.
Make Redux work as a MIDI FX so it transmits Notes

3 Likes

Well, one thing I’m noticing on v3.2 is that plugin presets are often not showing up on Renoise (thus making it impossible to browse them via a list). In general, I think to stay modern, it would be good to keep an eye on how Bitwig/Live/etc. are displaying plugin data (i.e. what are they doing to reduce the need of opening the standard editor, which causes the need to have more window-overlapping chaos and/or adding more screens to your setup). In general it’s very important for me, for sanity, to not be having windows overlap.

And for sure, to keep up with the ability to have a custom multi-screen setup launch as a user-defined template. I have that set on Reaper and it’s fine, and supposedly Logic has that capability. I imagine Renoise does too, but I haven’t tried yet (simply due to personal circumstances, as I’m waiting to add more screens soon). But during 3.4, I foresee that my standard template would likely be something like: 2-3 Renoise screens (monitors), 1 plugin screen (likely Falcon) and 1 FX screen. I can tolerate toggling between FX on the one FX screen, but I don’t want overlap of anything at all on the other screens. It’s just chaotic and crazy. And for example if Falcon is loaded by default when launching Renoise, if decide to open another soft synth instead of Falcon, I want Renoise to know to automatically launch it in the same window that Falcon was/is in. As that’s the soft synth screen.

So, basically, my request is for Renoise to make dealing with both plugins and multi-screen setups as automated as possible, allowing you to view much of it from Renoise itself, and for it to recall on which screens was what. With your settings etc. intact.

In my view, having a lot of screens is a major factor toward making non or limited hardware setups tolerable. Perhaps in the future, in VR, we can have tons of screens viewable within that. But even then, the capability of Renoise would need to be there, to be able to assign everything to a ton of screens, have it recall the settings, etc.

The trend with audio software in general seems to be “everything can modulate everything else, ultimated possibilities,” etc. etc. but anecdotally, for me, it’s all a bit overkill. If your soft synth and FX plugins are like that, it’s already just analysis paralysis/experimentation paralysis. But DAWs are doing it too. Albeit, perhaps others want to address the development from a Renoise-only standpoint, thus making the “everything can modulate everything” relevant. Personally I can’t make much sense of signal flow anyway unless I’m seeing the patch cables, so in that context would much prefer using a plugin that shows the patch cables. Then you have something sort of like SunVox.

And if we’re gonna be in the crazy modulation/signal flow stuff, would much prefer a diagram of it like on the Oberheim Xpander/Matrix 12. And for that diagram to be dynamic and (if wanted) for that diagram to have its own screen at all times.

1 Like

Radium has a nice feature where the individual program parts are automatically selected based on the mouse position (pattern editor, pattern matrix, instruments) that I would love to se in renoise

5 Likes

Native phase modulation (aka FM). The ability to phase modulate one sample with another. Make one (or both) of the samples a single cycle waveform and you have a powerful fm synth.

10 Likes

Make crossfading between samples part of the instrument modulation. You would have an interesting wavetable synth

8 Likes

Renoise 3.3 renoise.song().tool_data might help a little with that(?):

renoise.song().tool_data
  -> [string or nil]
2 Likes

Renoise einfach die Besteee!!!

Send Midiplug to multipple Midi Outs/ Instruments. Like Appregiator sending Midi Kanal 1-8 to 8 different Tracks/Instrumentz and so on. Right now Only sending 1 Chjannel is posibble and makes SEQ AROP Sequenzerz pretty usefull.

Oooo AND Sidechainin off Course!!

:rofl:

:astonished: missed that!

Not sure what you mean by that… but you can already route multiple audio outputs of vst to different tracks

i must be the dumbest person lmao :sweat_smile:

i didn’t noticed it

Overhauled note handling concept by keeping midi recording, MPE and overdub/write in mind. E.g. proper auto note sorting, not being dependent on a numeric column index, moving midi fx along with the notes while quantization (so connecting midi fx to the note). And maybe even supporting MPE in the future. At least I think Renoise would benefit from that :slight_smile: This seems to be mainly a brain-teaser.

I need a money generator meta device linked to my paypal so I don’t have to work and actually have time to use Renoise.

12 Likes

this!

1 Like

More macros for instruments pls

5 Likes

Better support for:

• FT2 Pattern Loops (E60 E6x),
  • FT2 Pattern Pause (EEx),
  • FT2 Pattern Jump [D00 Dxx, (so page can go backwards)].
3 Likes