What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

• What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?
  • Nothing. Just hope.
1 Like

I don’t hope anymore for anything in general. :point_up:
Even if there are VSTs for everything, I would like to see a native monoizer (just like GMono Bass) and a native clipper (just like GClip) in Renoise. Especially if Renoise wants to be a DAW for all in one, including mastering. There is no proper mastering without a mono bass, that’s for sure. Having a more decent native delay (including ping pong and all that stuff) and native reverb would be great, too.

1 Like

Parallel container! Parallel instruments, this is what we need. Structural improvements which can’t be compensated by using a vst. Improving the existing functionality.

8 Likes

1000% yes

1 Like
  1. Overtake Simple Pianoroll Extension as a native part of Renoise. (I’m sure toImp would want it too) or give API Enhancement for better performance for it.

2. Implement real Wavtrack handling with free settable stretch and shrink points to sync Wave information with tracker content information.

3. Realtime Analyzer for EQs would be great too

4 Likes

Old topic from 2007

1 Like

It would be so great if the “Override window manager shortcuts” option could be easily accessible as a menu item in “Options”, and that it could be assigned to a shortcut. I think that for some Linux users with keyboard shortcuts that clash with Renoise, Kubuntu/KDE for me, for example, it would be nice to be able to quickly toggle that on and off as needed.

2 Likes

I switch back and forth between these too, and I get the impression that it’s Apple’s anti-competitive tendencies that keep it from playing nicely with Renoise. The best way I’ve found to work is to do as much as I can of the creative work in Renoise, export stems to WAV, and then use the nice studio effects and mastering tools in Logic to polish up the finished product and add any other exotic virtual instruments or vocals.

So here some features which can’t be compensated easily or not at all:

1. Parallel container, supporting PDC, sidechain, gain for each lane, L/R / M/S switch → getting rid of annoying send track messes
  2. Improved gainer for L/R → M/S and back, switching off L/R and swapping it, as addition to parallel container → getting rid of helper vsts
  3. dsp lanes for VSTis → saving your specific vst preset as renoise preset including the appropriate eq/compression etc
  4. sidechain input device → getting rid of helper vsts
  5. device “parking”, no latency/PDC then → very helpful for composing/mixing/mastering process. A tool could then enable/disable groups of plugins
  6. parallel VSTis, e.g. in dsp lanes → no need for doubling notes, modern approach of sound design
  7. more macros in instruments → improvement of renoise instruments
  8. multiple delay fx lanes per track, and then groove per track, not only per song → creating natural groove more easily
  9. improved api, e.g. for making vst gui automation 100% possible, detecting, filtering or marking feedback signals → tools can be improved
  10. maybe natively vst gui automation → surely more secure and better performance
  11. more precision for automation → use the automation for fake compression etc.
  12. tags for vst presets, tags for renoise presets, maybe unifying both → find your vsts and presets by custom categories and tags
  13. EQ10 with lp/hp, m/s switch per band, panning per band, 2x oversampling switch → a proper eq included in the native gui system
5 Likes

Spectrum analyzers in EQs and anywhere else where there is a frequency spectrum display.

2 Likes

OK. In your opinion

The most necessary. Top 3.

What would they be?

1. Granular
  2. FM
  3. Variable Pattern Length - top level in the Pattern Sequencer / Pattern Editor area - not in Phrases
  1. Parallel container
  2. Device parking
  3. Improved API

°multiple fx chains and modulation input/output in doofers
° expandable macros per instrument (16, 24, 32)
°native wavetable and/or FM/PM synthesis

And of course, more/upgraded dsp :upside_down_face:

3 Likes
  1. More midi targets please. MIDI Routing #2, MIDI Routing#3, etc.

1. Also, when the plugin doesn’t support midi out, than just internally route “midi in” to midi routing. So we still can route notes to different receivers.

2. Add midi routing also for normal Renoise Instruments.

1 Like

Audio To Midi / Tuner - like what Sonuus G2M hardware does.

With ability to send notes to instruments\vsts and or use notes as cc values for example for filter parameters.

1 Like

i already love renoise the way it is but:

• elektron- style conditional pattern commands

• bit of optimizing of the audio engine on mac arm processors, i can run at least triple/quadruple amount of plugins in reaper compared to renoise (granted, reaper engine is super efficient. scary to run 120+ track projects without compromise on a baseline m1 mbp)

1 Like
  • CLAP Support (“Some” new Plugins are now only CLAP)
  • Granular
1 Like

Easier live recording of an instrument. Without needing to make one massive sample in the sample editor

2 Likes

Add to that the ability to record in more than one track at a time please!