What happened to Block Loop autoplay (and why is noone complaiming)?

this is driving me crazy. it’s the single reason why i haven’t updated from 2.8 to 3.0 yet. it’s something i use ALL THE TIME! it’s second nature at this point, my thumb will just move from the mouse to the enter key without me even thinking about it, and when i tried it in 3.0 and nothing happened, i mean …i just can’t get used to that.

it seems like such a weird feature to remove too, just …why? :frowning:

i don’t mean to rage too much, but i just tried 3.0.1 in the hopes that they’d added it again, but nope. goddamnit.

Huh? It works for me in 3.1.0b5.

Maybe you should check your keyboards shortcuts?

when i press enter it’ll just mark the block, but not autoplay. i’d have to press enter + space each time. i checked keybindings but i don’t see how i’d be able to make it play as well …

drivin me crazy also: I made a complain earlier: https://forum.renoise.com/t/can-we-please-get-autoplay-for-a-block-loop-back-or-add-an-option/44837

That’s a good point. Strange that dblue and taktik didn’t respond to one of these threads. Maybe we should post this to the bug report section of 3.1?

any updates on this?

why is noone complaiming

No matter which way it’s working, someone will complainor suggest the opposite behavior

It got changed with 3.0… I have to say, I personally missed this feature for 5 minutes and moved on. Muscle memory quickly adjusted :slight_smile:

But I also recall someone doing a little toolwhich simply restored the old behavior. Couldn’t find it in a quick google search, though - but I’d be happy to recreate it if you want.

Right Ctrl doesn’t work for you guys? That’s how I play looped sections.

Edit: Nvm, misread.

No matter which way it’s working, someone will complainor suggest the opposite behavior

Then why don’t make an option in the preferences for this kind of stuff ? so everybody is happy…

Then why don’t make an option in the preferences for this kind of stuff ? so everybody is happy…

amen.

Linking to tool thread, as search only led me here initially:

2nd post:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/toggle-block-playing-with-auto-start/42735