What is the most wanted feature you would like ?

Even more I would like to automate the global groove settings. Seems weird that it isnt possible allready.

Or is it?!

-J

Importing midi files. Nothing more, nothing less.

Latch Option with Mute Groups and Sub-Groups for the Phrase editor :yeah: So you can play drum phrases while playing synth phrases, break down with ease, remix them, and keep things orderly :walkman: Beat synced Phrase triggering

Renoise is already a modular synth in my opinion. Just needs some more (re)synthesis features for samples etc. FM, RM, Spectral, and maybe some sort of wavetable or vector feature(s) would all be great to see.

FX wish list includes:

-Modeling Distortion, Amps, Speakers, etc.

-Sequenced Pitch format correcter

-Resonator Filter

-Greater variety of delays

-Format Filter

_ -Pro quality Mastering effects :badteeth: _

Routing inside doofers or at least dry/wet amount
Sidechaining

Would be nice to see Instruments with the ability to have presets, modulatable modulation especially LFO’s (Pitch is the main area of concern), Note and Legato triggering of LFO’s, Key tracking of LFO’s, Faster LFO’s like 80 Hz please, and Drawable LFO’s with adjustable curve(s).

Modulatable Start, Loop Start, and End points

Please can we automatize the instrument macros ???

Above everything mentioned above it all comes down to work flow. Renoise seems to be falling behind fast when it comes to workflow. The updates just are not keeping up with modern standards I hate to say.

Above everything mentioned above it all comes down to work flow. Renoise seems to be falling behind fast when it comes to workflow. The updates just are not keeping up with modern standards I hate to say.

I think it’s more that a tracker-style DAW just has some unique challenges. Honestly, having looked at a few other trackers in the last few months out of curiosity (I’m relatively new to them), I admire Renoise and team more for how well they’ve brought the tracker “thing” to the full-on DAW world and survived despite general tendency for people to want to stick with what’s now the “traditional” piano-roll, horizontal left to right tracks, etc.

Please can we automatize the instrument macros ???

Please refer to the Instrument Macros device.

I think it’s more that a tracker-style DAW just has some unique challenges. Honestly, having looked at a few other trackers in the last few months out of curiosity (I’m relatively new to them), I admire Renoise and team more for how well they’ve brought the tracker “thing” to the full-on DAW world and survived despite general tendency for people to want to stick with what’s now the “traditional” piano-roll, horizontal left to right tracks, etc.

It’s not necessarily the tracker style that gets me. It’s all the assigning/guess work/memorizing you have to do when it comes to Reaktor and Omnisphere.

With Omnisphere you have to 1st enable host automation for each parameter you want to automate, then memorize what parameter # Shows up in the Instr. Automation Meta device because it’s not labeled with the parameter name, what a nightmare…

Reaktor is sorta similar but you have to reassign all the parameter ID’s in order for Renoise to display them efficiently in the slider/parameter menu. Also a nightmare.

By the time I get things set up all my creative juice is gone, I change my mind, and/or have a change of heart.

I think one solution to that is to prototype with something that isn’t so labour-intensive first. So for e.g. I’ll use the old Edirol Orchestra, which sets up very fast, to prototype strings or whatever on the fly and once the ideas are down replace it with a Kontakt library or whatever. I’ll also almost always use the Korg Legacy plugs for quick prototyping of synth stuff, get idead down, then replace them with external synths or whatever later. Should note though that I generally use Reaper for that prototyping stage of a project/song, and polish later in Renoise, though I think Renoise would accommodate that approach alone just fine.

It’s not necessarily the tracker style that gets me. It’s all the assigning/guess work/memorizing you have to do when it comes to Reaktor and Omnisphere.

With Omnisphere you have to 1st enable host automation for each parameter you want to automate, then memorize what parameter # Shows up in the Instr. Automation Meta device because it’s not labeled with the parameter name, what a nightmare…

Don`t know if my new tool might be of help here? It has a grab function that allows you to move the relevant parameter in a plugin gui and it will assign that parameter in the Instr. Automation device: --also works for effects if needed. If it is already an assigned parameter then it will just select that parameter in the automation list for you, ready to automate.

3.1 beta needed, grab function is the [G] button:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-1-automation-single-slider/44614

Don`t know if my new tool might be of help here? It has a grab function that allows you to move the relevant parameter in a plugin gui and it will assign that parameter in the Instr. Automation device: --also works for effects if needed. If it is already an assigned parameter then it will just select that parameter in the automation list for you, ready to automate.

3.1 beta needed, grab function is the [G] button:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-1-automation-single-slider/44614

I’ve tried using it on several occasions but I’m not having any luck. Omnisphere’s parameters just show up as numbers, and there’s I think literally thousands of useless parameters to scroll through in Reaktor.

Drag and Drop Sample Export would be pretty sweet

I’ve tried using it on several occasions but I’m not having any luck. Omnisphere’s parameters just show up as numbers, and there’s I think literally thousands of useless parameters to scroll through in Reaktor.

Drag and Drop Sample Export would be pretty sweet

Unfortunately I don`t have either to test here, but maybe can get the reaktor demo to see.

Just to make sure though, the [G] button is not selecting the correct parameter when you move it in the VSTs? This is what should save you the scrolling, though the tool can`t do anything about the names of the parameters of course.

What I miss most now in Renoise it’s the ability to set sample start points.

As for a sample-based producer it would save a lot of time for me.

Or at least it would be better if you could change start points for the slices individually… I mean, that you wouldn’t have to go each time and edit slice markers on the main sample.

What I miss most now in Renoise it’s the ability to set sample start points.

Strange that this poll doesn’t have that feature. Ask the OP to add it?

(also, now we actually have the top spot - MIDI routing - covered, it’s time for an update)

I would like to see a poll like this being extended with whatever features are being suggested, so it’s not just a representation of whatever features seemed obvious the moment the poll was created.

“Iterative polling” FTW biggrin.gif

Return of the fine loop editor.

The reason I changed to renoise is that I like its scripting cause I’m sick and tired of piano rolls :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway I want renoise to have an instrumental Icons on the pattern sequencer? I guess it’ll be helpful and users will have smoother workflow

plus I love it when you can export the stems easily track by track? e.g. (Kick on Track 1 rendering seperately, Snare on Track 2 rendering seperately) so on.

(for collab or remixing purposes?)

If you are talking about “export” here, then this is already possible (there is an option for this in the render dialogue).

:drummer: :panic: :guitar:

Buttons to recall multiple parameter values!!!

:drummer: :panic: :guitar:

zoomable pattern editor please