What is the most wanted feature you would like ?

We are still in Beta, expect current stuff to change, perhaps some new stuff to come on top of just bugfixing.

Iā€™d really, really, really like to be able to display automation tracks next to the normal tracks.

Renoise OS! droool

I would pay an extra fee for that one. Start computer up and it loads Renoise and anything that it needs to run. dreamsigh

It seems to me, that if Renoise ever did get multi-track recording (audio tracks) it would just be an evolution of its sampling, and would tie right into the Renoise Instruments.

This is so apparent with v3ā€¦

That the Renoise Instrument could be a multi-track samplerā€¦ or that audio tracks in Renoise are really just another part of its instrumentā€¦

Hope that all makes senseā€¦ I can hardly talk. Been trying not to smoke cigarettes for like a month now. My brain is distraughtā€¦

I think it could be convenient while navigating large patterns. If it works like i imagine you could then use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out of it making it faster to navigate the pattern.

I voted for time stretching though, iā€™ve always wanted it.
I remember having lots of fun with the one in Cool Edit Pro ages ago, to get it in realtime in Renoise would simply kick ass!

Audio routing to plugins
Midi routing to/from plugins
Time stretching (warp)

Buzz Sequence Editor.

I still canā€™t get used to the Matrix in Renoise, it still hampers my workflow. I tried the FL Studio demo yesterday and had no problems using that to lay down tracks, it still isnā€™t particularly well designed though, whereas the Buzz Sequence Editor just works perfectly. All the new additions in Renoise 3 are of no importance for me compared to getting a proper sequence editor.

whatā€™s a sample note aligner?

ok, so out of that list:
the cool stuff:
0- more Lua API hooks.
1- Better Arranger
2- Audio Time Stretching
3- Native Modular Synth
4- Zoomable Pattern Editor

----the rest, i donā€™t really care about:
5- Audio Tracks
6- Internal Midi Routing
7- Piano Roll

Zoomable patterns (with possibilities to arrange patterns of different length next to each other, etc)

Why just work on a song in a fixed resolution? I donā€™t get itā€¦

Native nodal environment for creating dsp effects, synths, midi events and general audio routing. Aka PD or reaktor for Renoise.
Also, I really miss the buzz sequencer.

automate loop points!!!

I`d like to take this opportunity say I am ANTI piano roll

I voted native synth but I want to change that to audio tracks. Native synth would be cool but thereā€™s very little that can do that you canā€™t do with single cycle samples, and you can just use a vst anyways. I think itā€™d be better to be able to record live instruments without needing to rewire. (Ofc you can just record big samples and play them as notes but thatā€™s pretty cumbersome.)

You can delete your vote and vote again.

Wish that applied to IRL elections.

This race is tight, I think someone should introduce people to the system, cthulhu and creamā€¦ ;)

The most wanted feature Iā€™d like would be more detachable / expandable windows, for example being able to have the mixer on one screen, pattern editor on the other. As this isnā€™t listed in the options I chose better arranger.

Regarding the (yet) most popular feature wanted, Internal MIDI Routingā€¦ Can somebody explain what it includes or maybe point me to a thread explaining it?
Cheers

If you usually work at 4LPB it would be nice to get the extra resolution where you need it without having to actually change the LPB and need extra editing

You can also use the phrase editor for different resolution, donā€™t think Iā€™d personally like that since I came to renoise to get AWAY from the clip workflow where you have all these little bits of music hidden in separate windows instead of all being on one screen but it probably isnā€™t jarring to just use it that way occasionally

It would amongst others allow plugins with midi output to communicate with other plugins or external hardware. Currently all plugins can only receive midi input but if they output midi, these signals are ignored, which makes modulation plugins (like arpeggiators and chord generators) useless in Renoise.