What is the most wanted feature you would like ?

Virtual DAW Controller and Keyjazz.

1.Audio Time stretching
2.Native Modular Synth
3.Zoomable Pattern Editor
4.Internal Midi Routing

it already has a good Arranger

in my opinion not necessary for a trackerā€¦

Piano Roll
Audio Tracks

I think that renoise 3.0 has very complete feature set and what we need is native synth and/or more native plugins.

I know Iā€™m coming late to this party, but after all maybe these features will still be considered for future versions.

The number one top thing for me is a native modular synth.

Itā€™s a feature with huge flexibility - and sunvox shows that it can be done beautifully, comprehensibly and with very flexible automation.

I understand that renoise already will do most of what sunvox will do in terms of modules, but that 10% which isnā€™t there is very powerful.

Toggle keyjazz on just a selection or the whole sample.
Would pay 100 euros for that feature alone easily. :yeah:/>

Ok I would pay hunderds of euros ehm (in respect to the devs I edited this line) for the toggle keyjazz on sampleselection feature.
Select a piece of sample, smack keyboard, instant creativity :drummer:

buzzword; Workflow++

I would like to see a poll like this being extended with whatever features are being suggested, so itā€™s not just a representation of whatever features seemed obvious the moment the poll was created.

ā€œIterative pollingā€ FTW :D

An impulse tracker/Jeskola Buzz scroll mode where the cursor isnā€™t always centered.

Midi routing between tracks.

1 Like

Bounce group tracks to diskā€¦ Can currently do : 2bus or individual tracks, but not group ā€˜folderā€™ tracks.

It strikes me that there may be some confusion on what is meant by native modular synth.

Modular effects routing as per sunvox, buzz tracker and friends, with very open-ended streaming of sound data, sidechains and controls between effects

Either one would be cool, but maybe the second option would be more relevant to the way renoise already works. If I really need modular synth sounds Iā€™ll build a eurorack kit and record it in renoise.

Buzz style sequencing, being able to arrange patterns independently for each track would be extremely nice.

Delete unused samples.

LV2 plugin support :smiley:

lol, people screaming for a native modular synth ā€¦cā€™mon guys ā€¦It would take years to build some half decent ā€¦considering the developers donā€™t even give a ratā€™s ass about the current weak sounding filters.

Want a Modular synth ----->REAKTOR .

Donā€™t expect anything on thes ame level from the renoise team .

They are good at what they currently do ā€¦expanding modulation sets, redesigning the gui etcā€¦but dsp wise ā€¦look elsewhere ā€¦

ā€‹

lol, people screaming for a native modular synth ā€¦cā€™mon guys ā€¦It would take years to build some half decent ā€¦considering the developers donā€™t even give a ratā€™s ass about the current weak sounding filters.
Want a Modular synth ----->REAKTOR .
Donā€™t expect anything on thes ame level from the renoise team .
They are good at what they currently do ā€¦expanding modulation sets, redesigning the gui etcā€¦but dsp wise ā€¦look elsewhere ā€¦

ā€‹I think youā€™re being a little unfair to the developers. They care - and their filters are pretty flexible. Iā€™ve found that often their filters start out a bit weak, then with a bit of tweaking take on a whole new personality.
ā€‹
Itā€™s not what you have, itā€™s what you do with it.

I do think that even if an integrated modular synth isnā€™t an option, at least modular routing should be relatively easily implemented, alongside variable length and placement tracks.

Voted for modular synth because native FM(as well as other things) that also uses pattern effect commands like glide and vibrato etc would be great, but Iā€™m most keen on little workflow improvements more than any big features. If I want a great synth I can always load VSTis and those work well enough even if they donā€™t share commands with samples. Some things I would really like to seeā€¦

1. Measure highlight in pattern editor

2. Select/copy/paste volume column only without needing the advanced edit mask

3. A switch to make recorded notes play when editing with play position follow off

4. Custom initialize state for plugins

5. Easier way to assign a mod set to all samples in the instrument, maybe right or middle clicking the button where left clicking only does one sample at a time

6. Song > expand, expands all patterns and adjusts LPB accordingly. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if thereā€™s already a tool for this actually, should look into thatā€¦

1. Easier way to assign a mod set to all samples in the instrument, maybe right or middle clicking the button where left clicking only does one sample at a time

You can use modifier keys like shift and or ctrl while mouse clicking samples to set more than one mod-set at the same time.

1. Song > expand, expands all patterns and adjusts LPB accordingly. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if thereā€™s already a tool for this actually, should look into thatā€¦

https://forum.renoise.com/t/snippet-convert-song-from-lpb4-to-lpb12/30227

Nice tool, thanks!

Delete unused samples.

Delete unused xrns! :blink:

Frequency modulation between samples.

Moar pattern commands!

for example;

SXX is great on high Lbpā€™s for that oldschool tracking timestretch effect, but how about a finer grained resolution stretch that can be controlled through a pattern effect, summoned at will? :drummer:

Control bpm tempo in phrase.

Control Lbp in phrase.

Set phrase loop start position (can take probability factor YXX effect).

Set phrase end position_(can take probability factor YXX effect)._

Set amount of phrase loops (N amount).

Set type of phrase loop (forward, backwards & ping pong.

Have additional tempo commands in the phrase editor that work similar to the pitching effects (DXX, UXX & VXX) where programming of similar subsequent commands either make the tempo rize, fall or modulate in between at a set factor.

Set sample loop start position.

Set sample loop end position.

Set type of sample loop (forward, backward & ping pong).

& set amount of loops before continuing through sample.

control individual groove parameters.

Please untap more granular sound design possibilities team Renoise! :yeah: