What Renoise could learn from Bitwig

:)
Seen this video?

Funny thing, they have apparently found a way to do everything the hydra does without it being a huge part of the track dsps section.
One more big advantage in their implementation is that the modulations ‘affect’ the target, but the base value for target parameter is still controlled on its own place and not slightly deviously by min/max or cntr/ampl numbers on the modulating device.

yeah, and with help of target+drag behaviour, in opposite to messing with comboboxes etc

Wow that I even forgot that part :D

Reminds me of NI Massive :)

Yes, exactly :D except it’s the whole DAW.
And also it’s a little more modal and needs a little less dragging.
I got Razor, there you have to focus on the parameter to be modulated, then select the modulation source from a menu.

Something Bitwig could learn from Renoise: how not to be vaporware

Haha, yeah like Renoise v3…

Real men don’t release advance screenshots or videos!

Anyway +1 to the OP, drag and drop mod routings are a winner!

Yeah that is fair, but I meant that Renoise actually got to v1.

I signed up for a Bitwig beta on 4/26/2012 and have not heard anything since. You’d think they would release v1 before bragging about the “modular synth” that Bitwig is supposedly going to have.

LOL. I’m quite sure it’ll turn out to be actual software, lol. I think it’s a pretty cool team too. You can’t just start a company from nothing and hire a hundred pro audio/rt programmers and have the perfect daw done in < a year :D.

maybe not, but ya could reaper it

In retrospect it seems like a lesson in how not to hype something, but give them a break, maybe they were just bright young things all excited about their post Ableton futures and couldn’t contain their excitement.

Then again maybe it was a cynical ploy to tap the collective Ableton user angst in order to get VC funding.

Speaking of hype…

Renoise Kickstarter Hype Video Joke