What Renoise sucks at as a DAW

@Mr_C, do not know if I’ve still understood you.

If you mean to render tracks with notes to get separate samples for each track, this is already possible. In “render song to disk”, use “Save each track into a separate file”. You can also use the “SamRender” tool. It allows you to do several things also to get several samples in one step, loading them directly into an instrument. But this is “render”.

If you mean to record a sample (this is not the same as rendering), it is only possible to assign a specific track, so that the recording takes the effects of the track, and you will get a single sample, which will be loaded into a sample slot inside the selected instrument. What do you want, that when recording with your microphone (or other input) you can obtain several samples, and that each of these samples has the effects of several tracks separately, all at the same time? This is not possible, but it is a good idea. Anyway, this can be done step by step. A recording, a sample.

About the loops, in a sample you can add a loop (a starting point and another point for the end) from “Sample Properties”. That created loop will continue if you copy that sample into another instrument or duplicate it. That loop will continue to sound if you do not stop the trigger note, with a Note-OFF.

Does all this help? If not, ignore everything I said. I do not understand English very well, be patient. And the concept of “embedded loop” sounds like something strange to me. Possibly I confuse it with “add a loop” in a sample.

Indeed he didn’t. Anyway I just wanted to listen to a proper musician :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

like recording in multitrack software like cubase or something when you want to record something which has multiple outputs, recording all the sounds at one time, with each separate sound going into its own track?

like the behringer rd808 outputs, each drum sound recorded into its own track all at once…rather than soloing each drum sound and recording the whole drum pattern one drum sound at a time, so you can place the recordings in separate renoise tracks later.

it would be good if there were audiotracks. everyone says rewire to reaper, i havent tried it yet.

1 Like

Just being honest. I’m glad it annoys you, hopefully it drives you to a breakthrough. Cheers

I had a breakthrough

1 Like

For proper live recording , enable note delay

1 Like