What The Bleep Do We Know? .... Debunked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlPiXNlhKFo

I take it we don’t have youtube embedding anymore? Dang…

here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlPiXNlhKFo

Yeah, hehe. I saw that film, it was bloody ridiculous. Quite interesting overall, but total new-age hogwash.

The Secret was good, I have only seen the 1st half of the video, just that amount helped me in many ways.
What The Bleep Do We Know? was alright, the film touched on the subjects without packaging them for consumption.

Is it limited ?

I tried embedding 3+ YouTube vids and it would only embed 2. The 3rd vid (in the Preview Post) was displayed as html.

If you hate that, you’ll hate this
I quite like the idea though.
Memes explode in a wierd way…
I wish i was Doctor Manhattan.

Not a bad book if you take it as just a story. Or maybe even a self-help book to some extent. Some people do take The Celestine Prophecy far too seriously though.

Thought I had seen What The Bleep Do We Know but from watching the first half of that video I’m pretty sure I was thinking of a more serious documentary on string theory that really didn’t go into anything that deeply. Whatever it was I remember thinking it wasn’t that great…

I can only really say I was highly impressed with The Celestine Prophecy.

I thoroughly enjoyed it as a book but then spoke to people who took it all far too seriously and that worried me a bit! Had planned to read 10th Insight and Search For Shambala but never got around to it. I think it’s these companions that you can buy to go with it, to enhance your life and stuff, that really starts to make it a bit yoghurt-weaving and worrisome and has put a lot of people off I know. Read the book as a normal novel, forget it’s written as fact, forget there are stupid self-help books to accompany it and it’s a very enjoyable story.

Kazakore, have you seen:
Zardoz (1974)

&

The Holy Mountain (1973)

based on this subject nature contained,
I hold these 2 films in a very high regard. :)

Zardoz rings a bell so maybe many years ago, don’t thin The Holy Mountain. Will try and hunt them both down and give them a viewing based on your recommendation though.

IMHO it’s absolutely rubbish as a novel. There’s no real character development and the plot is a little dull.
The writer puts more love into the concept than the story. Which is fair enough i spose.
I just wouldn’t say it’s the most gripping read in the world.
Very interesting though.

As a forewarning The Holy Mountain is graphic in spots. However everything else indelibly makes up for it.

ZARDOZ!

“Zardoz speaks to you, His chosen ones. You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good! Penis is evil! The Penis shoots Seeds, and makes new Life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the Gun shoots Death and purifies the Earth of the filth of Brutals. Go forth, and kill! Zardoz has spoken.”

Totally classic and weird early sci-fi movie… I love it :)

A linux friend mentioned it to me for several years until I finally viewed it, and absorbed it.

I was stunned!

Another that seems most interesting,
that I have not yet fully viewed is:
Fantastic Planet (1973)

After reading about it, I really want to see this.

looks like someone cut it up for YT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22sKI6gIBqg

Probably would be best to find and view the full length.

Looks like it’s being remade but can’t see any concrete details on it. Most likely live action, rather than animated.

hope it’s made by french and czechs!