What To Do With: The Signal Follower

Try this out: Signal Follower -> LFO Reset
Works best on drums :)

and the LFO controlls… what? :)

the nexus of existance ?

The almighty LFO controls all! Go forth and modulate, brother! May the parameters smile upon you!

Doesn’t matter. It may control what ever you want.
The trick is just triggering LFO with audio

or you can use the follower to make a vocoder… http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?sho…c=23362&hl=

a good trick is to control a hydra’s input slider with a signal follower on the kick track. then you can control volume on multiple channels with one SF!

likin this idea!

Have yet to use the frigging velocity, key-tracking & hydra device properly! Signal follower has mainly been volume ducking, will bump this thread if I find some wicked combo.

lol, I thought I was the only one

Can the SF make Tea? Or make poitin?

Well, if you put the SF on the hot water track and link it to a teabag’s ratio… I recommend a small attack, unless you like your tea very strong. Also, put an LFO on the milk and sugar’s cutoff, but only if that’s your cup of tea.

“teabag’s ratio.” ^_^

sf > hydra > multiple stutter devices on the master track all with different settings = \ :D/

Whatever we do with it, we will always need a rubber sheet to catch the drips.

I hope i didnt kill this thread, before i said anything it was quite good. You could do this in an effect coloumn or by various ingenius methods that are shinier than mine but how about Rewiring Renoise to Ableton, throwing an SF on the best piece of music you have ever written, followed by an automation device that sends the midi data across the road to Ableton’s BPM counter.

My favorite simple technique so far is:

Track 1: funky drum loop (with a gain set to zero after the signal follower to mute it)
Track 2: A constant bass sample with a filter (usually lowpass, but experiment!) The signal follower controls the filter’s cutoff

= instant funky bass synth line.

I also use Signal Follower -> Delay -> Signal Follower -> Delay -> Signal Follower to make some interesting effects by controlling multiple tracks or instruments but varying the rhythm. I’m still exploring. I love this new tool!

-sage

Wow, I just made simply silly test and instantly fell in love! DO TRY THIS AT HOME! :w00t:

@ sage:

HOLY CRAP!!!
:w00t: :yeah: :guitar: :dribble: :yeah: :w00t:

Kick or lowpass filtered drums -> SF -> bass freq in EQ for subgroup instruments without drums. Love automate EQ by SF. The same with vocals. Vocal track to SF and SF controls vocal range frequency in subgroup by making some cut in EQ subgroup and little boost (or not) on vocals. Nice tip is use this with chorus on 2nd vocal track.

The Renoise Vocal Rider (native waves rider type thing) AKA the waves aint getting my cash signal follower trick :rolleyes:

• trigger your vocals on two tracks, eg track 1 and track 2.
  • in track one you load the signal follower, and kill the post volume.
  • send the signal follower to the volume of track two.

and thats pretty much it.

you can use it to either make the vox pump a bit more, or to calm over enthusiastic parts.

also its programmable via commands of course, eg: want to calm a certain section a little more? use the volume commands on the section of the muted track. Just thought of this idea and havent tried it out but i think its doable.

i’ve also tried it on acoustic guitar, and it can spice up a performance.

have fun boys and girls.

This is Renoise in a nutshell, hahaha!

Also, kudos for that signature! :D