What Would You Like To See In A Renoise 3.0?

As all my wishes were already said, and I can’t think of much more, here some dreaming: Integrated modular system with completely free routing capabilities, so renoise instruments can be built like in synthesizer-builder-software, similar to Reaktor, SynthEdit or SunVox. On the other hand, something like this is maybe overkill. Again, on the next hand (in case you have 3), renoise already comes with lots of integrated DSP “modules”, for building a subtractive synth you don’t need much more than an oscillator and VCA+Envelope DSP - of course with more variable routing capabilities.

… Just dreaming :rolleyes:
To the devs: Just continue with the good work, especially the care for stable releases! :yeah:

I would love to have REX support. That is about the only real feature I feel is missing, but I can get by without it.

DUH: http://tools.renoise.com/tools/additional-file-format-import-support

AWESOME!!!

edit crap, I need rx2 (rex v2?) extension support too. The file import doesn’t work with rx2?

also, mind controlled input devices will be supported.

Would love to see things like :

• Audio Tracks

• Multiple recording (opening multiple sample recorders who can start recording simultaneously)

• Dual/multiple Screen-mode (1 screen track sequence, 1 screen pattern sequence, 1 screen sampler)

• Automation that isn’t attached to the limit of 4 bars. (useful for curve automation that goes on for 16 bars whatsoever)

• Sampler external editor automation access

• Sampler monophonic(retrigger)/polyphonic option

• Auto-colour adjustment when editing pattern of a track. (you got your ‘basic’ pattern. when you make a break in the pattern it gets a different colour in the tracksequence)

• External editor for automation

• Loop points automation access

• Resolution switch mode so you can switch your pattern sequence from 16th to 32th/64th notes without screwing up your project. I always program in 16th and sometimes you would like to make a little 32th break or 16T/D.

• Groove templates like MPC/SP12. Not necessary, but would be nice!

This is pretty far it what i’m “missing” at the moment. Though i still praise the ‘lord’ for my decision switching from Logic to Renoise. Best move ever!

This one in particular, sidechaining and automation is not very good right now:

it’s a tracker, no damn wave editor …

audiotrack. lol!!

i dont know how you wanna do this vertically?! … i am so used to seeing the wave file horizontally,
how would that work vertically… it’d break my eyes :D

besides that, there is an ‘autoseek’ option. if the developers add ‘cue-points’ to the audio file
in the sample editor, one could use the autoseek option and a certain command to run the audiotrack from
a cue point. or they’d really have to rewrite this option so one can insert the audiotrack from whatever
point of the wave file.

but, why do you guys need this shit? if you wanna use audio wave files, use other trash like ableton!

I would like Renoise 3.0 to have a design of icon which I can configure and select the color. As far as I see, there is just a bloody red like the emoticon for now→ :drummer:

I would be happy if Renoise was accomodating for making more humanistic, acoustic, analogish audio productions which I can feel 3 dimention as I think the world seems to be accustomed to digital tools much for composition nowadays. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_audio_effect

I’d also like to watch the graphic equalizer EQ5 and EQ10 in a bigger screen to check the wave of frequency.
Having a noise reduction VST/DSP to cut specific noises and remain proper audio range on Renoise would be excellent.

Thanks for reading :rolleyes:

+1 to everything here (except the vst thing :lol:)

though, if you add a synth, can you do that by adding functions to the sampler?
sample based… like…creating a wavetable (=multisample), bins for ifft, selecting a sample as osciallator, things like that

true, having the option to record every midi change signal is logical, and quantization as context option. keeping point creation low by default helps with manual adjustment.
the zoom for automation is cool, that control would be great to have on pattern tracks. resulting in virtual quantize.

it might be helpful to make a group of blocks in the pattern matrix, that affects viewing in other areas. groups and subgroups is getting pretty crazy already.
bottom panel could made to display multiple automation lanes in an unconfined mode.

would it be disruptive to option some kind of alternative visual equivalent to number representation. where a range value appears= show as: hue/tone, micrograph(bar, pie)

Me too!! also sidechaining in the compressor would be cool.

It’s not so much about NEEDING this shit. Sure, one can use, say, reaper for this shit. But I have a dream… about the awesomeness of the future where you don’t have to go there for a non-hassle (equal or near-equal ease of use compared to clip-workflow dedicated daws) audio recording straight to tracks. :)

I have a dream.

And btw this really is for my part more like a dreaming thread, not like a ‘want, need, gimme’ - thread.

Realtime sample-morphing by setting 2 (or more) samples as source -> destination, with a ‘fader’ to morph back and forth between the samples. I’ve seen a morph-tool here that creates new samples, but having this done in realtime would rock… Hard! :)

…and better automap-support :)

Inputs for dsp plugin like how plugin instruments have multiple outputs. For sidechaining, vocoder, etc.
Automatable instruments.
Timestretching properties for instruments. This could then be automated.

vertical audiotracks, yes please (=

I think everything I would really want has already been mentioned, but most important for me:

• Dual screen support / detachable gui elements
  • Ability to arrange / overlay multiple patterns in pattern matrix ( several patterns able to be played at the same time, patterns can be different length, etc)
  • Automatic vsti parameter mapping (since it’s often impossible or timeconsuming to figure out which one is the right one)
  • Better native reverb for sure

I wouldn’t mind a piano roll-ish addon thingie, where you can select to get piano roll up for a track, it would then open a “view” next to track with a piano of 2 octaves or so pr. line, automatically translating to standard c-4 etc in the track ofcourse. Not very important though, would just be handy to have.

Yeah… Those are the most important ones imo

• Automatic vsti parameter mapping / automation device learn mode over plugin gui

• sidechaining support for au, vst3 and internal fx (Reaper has a good concept maybe)

• combinable song templates OR advanced dsp chains (with multi track device selections)

• pattern command meta device that let automate pattern commands (velocity, delay…)

• midi remote command “load mapping x”, so I can load another mapping by pressing a midi key

• midi cc remapper in instrument settings

+1 to multitrack recording. I don’t see the need to move too far away from Renoise’s tracker roots, but it would be keen to be able to record multiple input sources to separate samples. Even keener would be a way to sync these samples into the pattern editor while everything is running. (Think live record + looping where a new pattern starts a new sample, or some such.)

I still think this should be possible via a Arm/Record function within the Line In device itself. Somewhere I made a thread about adding these kind of features to the Line In device…

• render plugin and dsp chain to instrument
  • add DSP fx to instruments (native sampler) not only to tracks
  • automation for native sampler
  • envelopes and LFO’s per sample
  • Automation curves visible and editable in pattern editor (like automation subtracks that can be hidden)

• Pattern zoom

• Audio tracks